Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been driving 60 + years, but have a problem when revesing my Niro, in getting it to line up, when using the camera. Using the wing mirrors no problem. Anybody else have the same problem?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Have been driving 60 + years, but have a problem when revesing my Niro, in getting it to line up, when using the camera. Using the wing mirrors no problem. Anybody else have the same problem?
I'm the same, I expect it is just practice needed but the reality is that using the mirrors works fine so I stick to that. I only use the camera to check if there are any hidden obstacles.

·
Super Moderator
9,472 Posts
Yep.. 1st time I used reversing camera I was at about 45 deg in 2 spaces.

Best stick to what you know & once straight in space then you can use the yellow lines to stay straight & avoid hitting anything 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2020 Niro "2" HEV
114 Posts
The camera on my 2020 Niro HeV is slightly 'out'. If I go back straight according to the camera, the back of the car moves to the right. Not a great deal, but enough to be a nuisance. So I reverse on mirrors, and use the camera solely for observation. It only requires the camera to be out by a few minutes of arc to cause the display to be inaccurate, and I doubt that manufacturing tolerances could ever make the camera display 100% accurate.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Product Font Screenshot Web page Rectangle

Just like SatNav, it's a driver aid.

·
Banned
1 Posts
It's taken me 6 months in my eNiro to get it right but I've now learnt how to use the combination of yellow and blue lines to get the vehicle lined up properly. However I often still confirm with the wing mirrors!

·
Registered
201 Posts
My camera lines are spot on. I use them and then just confirm with a glance in the mirrors to see where white lines are.
I can't park without the camera!

·
Registered
47 Posts
My camera lines are spot on. I use them and then just confirm with a glance in the mirrors to see where white lines are.
Same for me.

Maybe it's just luck of the draw with Kia allowing a certain margin of error with the cameras and some of us being lucky enough to have ones where the lines are spot on.

·
Registered
799 Posts
A total of 1 degree misalignment anywhere involving:-steering rack ,road wheels, steering wheel( theirs or yours!!!), bodywork or camera will result in a deviation of about 1 metre @ 20 metres distance. That's why shooting, darts, artillery, archery etc need skill. My garden is visited regularly by pheasants ( NOT PEASANTS) who know all about it.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Hi, most people probably know about the 1/ camera cleaning kit that looks like a tooth brush that clips onto the window washer and cleans the camera? And 2/ if you have the wing mirror select switch to either lt or RT then when you hit reverse they will point downwards as you reverse. Picked up my new eniro 4+ 6 days ago, watched so many utubes and must say I love the car! Cheers

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
3,963 Posts
Hi, most people probably know about the 1/ camera cleaning kit that looks like a tooth brush that clips onto the window washer and cleans the camera? And 2/ if you have the wing mirror select switch to either lt or RT then when you hit reverse they will point downwards as you reverse. Picked up my new eniro 4+ 6 days ago, watched so many utubes and must say I love the car! Cheers
Get the "camwipe" (make sure it's the Swedish one - there's UK ripoff which is not as good). I've had one for 12 months now and wouldn't be without it. It's about £30 including carriage. Go to "camwipe.com"

Reactions: Ian636

·
Registered
365 Posts
That doesn't apply to level 2 spec models.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's taken me 6 months in my eNiro to get it right but I've now learnt how to use the combination of yellow and blue lines to get the vehicle lined up properly. However I often still confirm with the wing mirrors!
Yes worked it out now after watching video on the reversing camera. Use the Blue lines as the outside of the car, becomes obvious then. Thanks for the feedback

1 - 17 of 17 Posts