Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am considering buying a Niro PHEV. Does the car have the option of pre-heating in winter before I start driving?

ie set a timer for the car to warm up every weekday morning at 7am

Thanks

Evan

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I had known this before I bought my PHEV Niro I would not have bought one.
I calculated that I could generally do my 2-3 days a week 30 mile round trip commute up and down a very steep hill near Exeter without ever using the petrol ICE.
But I would still have the petrol for my weekly trips to Cornwall and Dorset and my trips home to Scotland.
i was pleased when I bought the car a year ago, when my usual commute MPG was 999.
Especially when in the summer my 3-4 hour 3kW/h charge for 36 miles come from my solar panels.

BUT in the WINTER. I cannot drive away without the ICE kicking in to demist the front windscreen. Another forum user suggested occasional fan boost and keeping it ticking over at level 1.
this is tedious and drives my important other person deranged.
my average MPG is down to 40-50 on the commute and as low as 15MPG for a 3 mile trip to the post office or the supermarket.

I understand the new e-Niro will have some form of preheating for the car while still charging! How about the PHEV using the same system and both having an electric demisting from windscreen? - although it had better last longer than the one in my previous vehicle, a Skoda Yeti.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts