Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problems with my 2020 Phev navigation . The direction of travel arrow on the screen points in the wrong direction from the way I am facing /driving . So when I am moving forward it shows I am reversing. When I have tried to navigate somewhere it tries to redirect me as the system thinks I am facing the wrong way and tries to send me back on myself.
It's nothing to do with the screen orientation (ie shows same when I move between the different options to look at the screen)
I have had a look at the manual and cannot see this as a setting option(and cannot see why you would want to set it even it was an option!)
Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
35 Posts
To touch this symbol on the navi screen changes the direction modes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Thanks for the reply. I had tried that. It changes the screen orientation but not the direction of the navigation arrow. Still shows it pointing in the opposite direction to travel

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
Not got it set to north at top of screen?

Have you tried a factory reset in the settings menu?

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
Having problems with my 2020 Phev navigation . The direction of travel arrow on the screen points in the wrong direction from the way I am facing /driving . So when I am moving forward it shows I am reversing. When I have tried to navigate somewhere it tries to redirect me as the system thinks I am facing the wrong way and tries to send me back on myself.
It's nothing to do with the screen orientation (ie shows same when I move between the different options to look at the screen)

So when moving I take it the arrow is going up the screen, rather than down as you would expect?

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
So when moving I take it the arrow is going up the screen, rather than down as you would expect?
Think I have solved the issue. It is a setting that needs changing. 2nd grey box down on the left. Goes between SW, N & SW 3D.

There a 3 options (little red dots) settings down on the left of the navigation screen (only when navigating)
Toggle (just click on the box) between these and one of them (thinks it's the middle one) shows you going backwards. Or at least it did for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That only changes the orientation. If you see you arrow still points towards the same road . On mine it shows the arrow moving backwards when I go forwards

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
That only changes the orientation. If you see you arrow still points towards the same road . On mine it shows the arrow moving backwards when I go forwards
I noticed when driving that it changed the way the arrow/Your location went.

Don't usually use the Kia navigation, but thought would give UVO send to car a try.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just to update this seems to have corrected on its own. Still not sure what the problem was!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts