Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
I'm due to pick up my Niro PHEV 3 in a few weeks and was wondering if I can get it to de ice the windscreen whilst it's still connected to the charger, anyone know if it's possible?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hi Fergal. If your new car is connected to UVO, and I think it should be, then your answer is yes. This is a screen shot from UVO connected to my MY20 ENiro. UVO.jpg

UVO.jpg

·
Registered
629 Posts
EV as in ENiro 🚒 :cool:

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Ok so I plugged car in and although it won’t start when plugged in it will allow air conditioning to turn on and front screen heater to work but nor rear screen heater, it wasn’t charging though at this time as I charge between 12.30 and 4.30am as I get cheap rate electricity incidentally are you using octopus as your energy supplier?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so I plugged car in and although it won’t start when plugged in it will allow air conditioning to turn on and front screen heater to work but nor rear screen heater, it wasn’t charging though at this time as I charge between 12.30 and 4.30am as I get cheap rate electricity incidentally are you using octopus as your energy supplier?
No mate, I'm with BG. Is it worth c hanging?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Octopus go is the tariff I am on I can charge for just over 5p a kw between 0.30 and 4.30 am and I think it’s 14.9 p a Kw rest of the day so great for charging the Niro , have look into it , they fit a smart meter if you haven’t got one, if your interested let me know and I will give you my referral code and we both get £50.00 of our bills.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Octopus go is the tariff I am on I can charge for just over 5p a kw between 0.30 and 4.30 am and I think it’s 14.9 p a Kw rest of the day so great for charging the Niro , have look into it , they fit a smart meter if you haven’t got one, if your interested let me know and I will give you my referral code and we both get £50.00 of our bills.
I’ll take that referral code mate, looks a good deal.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I think it is a good deal, as I reckon I am paying less than 40p to charge the car, and we run our washing machine and dishwasher during the cheap rate. I am still charging using a 3 pin and extension lead as my driveway is 40 metres from the house door so next plan is to get a proper charging point installed we have now covered 1200 miles since new in the car and have put £57.00 of fuel in it so happy days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts