Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Picanto 1.2 Auto
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering buying a Niro 1.6 GDi Hybrid 2 5dr DCT Hybrid Estate.
Would somebody be able to give me some honest / truthful answers about what I can expect to achieve in MPG.

Majority of my journeys are short and with a lot of stopping and starting. Also, any tips on recommended driving methods to maximise MPG with regen etc would be very welcome.

Thank you

·
Registered
337 Posts
I get around 65mpg out of my Niro HeV (it used to be more but E10 doesn't give as good mpg). My technique is to keep the right foot really light. Try to keep the wheels turning by anticipating the traffic ahead, lights etc so that whenever possible don't stop, even if than means rolling up to red lights very slowly or if in traffic letting the car ahead get a decent distance then rolling up behind very slowly, they may have moved even further by the time you reach them.. If you have to slow then use the regen first and only apply the brakes at the end if you really have to stop. Don't race away from lights. 60 is fast enough on a motorway.

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
3,955 Posts
If most of your journeys are short and stop start I'd be looking at an E-Niro
Or a Niro PHEV. Mine is showing 158mpg since the last fill-up, and that includes a 26-mile trip once a week.
I had a HEV version until February and I was getting about 48mpg in the winter and around 60mpg in the summer. Just don't use a heavy right foot and you'll be surprised at the figures you can achieve.

·
Super Moderator
9,389 Posts
So far since I got my car I've done just over 7K & have a average of 52 MPG.
Others get more other less. A lot depends on your right foot, what sort of distances you cover on the trips.
Short trips are a Killer to MPG even in the HEV as you can not set EV only. It is decided by the car brain.

I have seen from 20's mpg to 100 + Mpg on single trips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts