Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Niro Hybred Auto in June 2020 and done around 2500 miles, i keep noticing a shuddering from the back of the car at low speed both with the break/battery charging paddles on and off, anyone else had this and what did you do. TIA

·
Registered
162 Posts
With such low mileage I would suspect corrosion on the rear discs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for your input, i would be surprised if it is corrosion, i live on the Costa del Sol Spainwith warm and hot weather, no ice/snow so no salting of roads which is a corrosion problem in the UK.

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
I would be surprised if regen braking caused a issue at the rear. As it is handled by the electric motor, which is in the engine bay.

Other than the above, and just because you live in the warm, does not stop things from corroding. Hot day & cold nights = moisture on metal surfaces. Moisture on metal surfaces (especially brake disks) = corrosion.

I would take it back to dealer and tell them, could be a issue with brake sticking or pads glazing over, which as I see it is going to be a big issue with hybrids as you do not use the brakes as much.
I'm making a conscious effort now to actually use them, rather than rely on regen to slow me down.

Reactions: Llanigraham
1 - 4 of 4 Posts