Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My name is Bob and I have just taken delivery of my 2021 Kia Niro 4. Loving the car, but struggling with a couple of issues.

Where is the key number that I am supposed to save in case I need a new key?

How do you get it to remote start from the Smart Key?

Hope someone out there can help.

Bob

·
Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro 4
251 Posts
You should have received the key tag with number when collecting the car, take it up with the dealer. I don't think you can do a remote start, I can't remember reading about that in the manual. I'm assuming it's an EV.

·
Super Moderator
9,436 Posts
Hi & Welcome..

No user Key No. Dealers keep that. They might give you it if you ask nicely though.

Sadly you have not said wich Niro "4" As it could be a HEV or EV. Which are very different beasts. Especially where the Connect App is concerned.Even then remote start is not a option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi & Welcome..

No user Key No. Dealers keep that. They might give you it if you ask nicely though.

Sadly you have not said wich Niro "4" As it could be a HEV or EV. Which are very different beasts. Especially where the Connect App is concerned.Even then remote start is not a option.
Hi,

It is the HEV.

·
Registered
Niro hybrid 2022
48 Posts
i have a niro 4 HEV 21 plate , i can remote start from the app , kia connect , which is pants or the key works well, if inside the house.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a niro 4 HEV 21 plate , i can remote start from the app , kia connect , which is pants or the key works well, if inside the house.
Hi drchips,

What are the issues you have with the Connect app. It does not seem very user friendly to me.

How do you use the key to remote start?

UVO seems really awkward to use.

2021 HEV Niro 4

·
Super Moderator
9,436 Posts
So how do you do that? As it is illegal to remote start a ICE in the UK. Driver has to be in car.

·
Registered
311 Posts
So how do you do that? As it is illegal to remote start a ICE in the UK. Driver has to be in car.
Interesting thread on that subject here ....

Seems that only applies if the car is parked on a public road. See this post specifically ...

Just to add, the Department for Transport were asked about remote start a couple of years ago and said this:

“Those who have access to private, off-street parking are legally able to use an app to remotely start a car’s engine and leave it running without being present.

However on the public road, use of such apps would only be lawful where the driver was in close attendance and could take control of the vehicle if needed.

·
Super Moderator
9,436 Posts
Hi iooi,

It should be ok as long as you are not on a public highway, ie your own driveway.
Just got to remember that you can't lock the car when it running. So insurance co would be liable to not payout if it was to be stolen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts