Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kia Motors Slovakia begins production of newest Kia Sportage for the European market. Due to customer interest they might have to produce up to 35,000 units of this model for sale in Europe during the second half of 2010.

The all-new Kia Sportage was officially introduced to the public in March 2010 at the 80th year of the International Motor Show in Geneva where it received rave reviews from press and fans about its sporty new look and impressive engineering. The trial production of the new model began in March this year and production of our previous Sportage generation wrapped in May 2010.

Kia feels that the all-new Sportage, being both spacious and practical, is our next step forward. It is suitable for city driving as well as offering consumers a 4×4 option for the more adventurous driver. Sportage is a more environmentally friendly alternative too since it is equipped with the ISG system which reduces fuel consumption and CO2 emissions, ideal for urban life which is of special interest to Kia drivers around the world.
Edited by: Dan

·
Registered
289 Posts
Been thinking about changing car but waiting to see new modle Sportage before I make up my mind what to buy.Don,t expect they will be available before planned rise in VAT so that will make em £500 dearer to start with.Looking for a petrol model as I only do low milage but would like 4 wheel drive which might be a bit more available than a diesel but we will just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The new model is supposed to be with UK dealers in August. Initially the petrol version will be a 2.0 litre engine only with the option of a 1.6 at a later stage...not much more information around at the moment about UK specs (that I can find anway). You may be able to beat the VAT rise!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there,

Received yesterday the Kia magazine "eureka" in the post, obviously now on the mailing list having bought my first Kia (Rio received about 6 weeks ago)

Its got a lot of info about the new models for the coming year, all of which look fantastic! Looks like Kia are going places!

The sportage looks particularly impressive.

Could be a good choice

regards,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts