Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to one and all. Stumbled upon this forum whilst surfing the net looking for help. I have a 53 plate 1.4 Rio. We've had it for 18 months and to date it's been a great little car. My problem is that the windscreen washer motor has packed up. I'm what I'd call a clean hands motorist, so as soon as I checked under the bonnet and noticed the washer tubes disappearing into the wing I stopped. So my questions are:

How difficult is it to find and replace the motor?

Where is the best place to buy a replacement?

Thanks in advance

Skyebucks aka Dennis

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hi Skyebucks welcome to the forum
M4 is good on the MK1 Rios' so he will be along once he parks up his big rig.
"Come in rubber duck, 10/4 for a copy good buddy"

·
Registered
5 Posts
guys i have some question in my mind and they are<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">How difficult is it to find and replace the motor?
<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">Where is the best place to buy a replacement?

<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hi Skyebucks, did you get this sorted? Are you sure it's the motor and not just disconnected pipes or blocked jets?
Can the Mods stop this guy jade1221 from spamming?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi M4, been so busy of late that the Rio has been neglected a bit. I've checked all the pipes & nossles. When I press the button I get a small 'dribble' of water and then nothing. reckon it's the motor. I expect the motor is mounted within the frint wing, but haven't had anything off yet to confirm. Is it difficult to find? and replace?

regards Dennis

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Thanks Davy!
Skyebucks, sounds like the motor is doing something and so is probably ok. I think you've probably got a blocked pipe or nozzle. Over the years bugs start to grow in the washer bottle and form loads of crud. This gets sucked into the pipes and causes blockages. I would start by getting some thin wire or apaperclip or a needle and poke it into the ends of the nozzles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts