Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,I have a 04 carens crdi 2.0 LE and have had it from new.After 82,000 mls I started to have problems but fortunatly they have all been sortable.The last one was a real head scratcher.After hearing a intermittent cracking chattering noise coming from the front o/s area.I thought at first it was the brakes and had the discs and pads checked out and they were ok,as were the track rods,ball joints and wheel bearings and balancing.I then replaced the CVjoint,but the noise continued unless it was wet,in the rain the noise went away and then when wheel dried out it came back again.Two separate garages couldn't diagnose the problem.I noticed after some trial and errorthat when I poured water on the back of the hub the the noise remained,but when poured on the wheel nut area it went quite.I removed the o/s front wheel which are metal and cleared the dust and grime to reveal a crack from almost the rim to one of the wheel stud holes.I replaced the wheel with the spare and the noise was gone.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hi and welcome, it's posts with info like that, which makes the forum worth while.
Glad to hear it's sorted - nothing worse than a head scratcher for a fault.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi billbitz,Welcome to the club.
Bet that felt scary when ya finally got the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts