mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}

<!-->

Hi yes I now have my new car
at last and I am very pleased with it basically. Not very happy with the dealer
though and have a few problems. The steering shakes at 65 to 70 so am going to
get the wheels balanced. The center arm rest is broken this was to be replaced
before I picked the car up but was not done. The top radiator mount is broken. But
my main problem is the new tow bar I had fitted by the Kia main dealer at a
cost of £570! They have added a new warning light for the indicators on the tail
board. This should only work when a working tail board is plugged in but it
works all the time. This is a legal requirement. I have tried to explain this
to the service department with no success at all! Booked in for repair on the
19 November.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Matey, I picked my 06 sportage 2.0 Diesel up on Friday just gone, I would take it back to the dealer you bought it from to get the tracking done, you shouldnt have to pay for it if they have done there job right ??? as for the light indicator when you are towing I thought it could either be a light or a buzzer for when your towing your caravan/trailer ???? get them to change it for the buzzer as it only buzzes when your hiched up ??? I have to get a towbar fitted on mine and want a detachable, the £570 for the dealer one seems steep for me mate especialy if they havent wired it up correctly ???

hope you enjoy yours as much as im enjoyoing mine matey

Lance

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rip off warning - I paid £360.00 for a new towbar and twin electrics at a Kia dealer in Norwich on my 2.0 CRDi XE. It's got the buzzer never heard of a warning light,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was that a Kia tow bar? yes I now know I got caught, the kia one gets the part number added on to the price. The law say a "warning device" so buzzer or light will do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The dealer said it was a Kia "approved" bar which could mean aftermarket I suppose. I am picking the car up tomorrow and haven't seen the bar yet. Personally having towed caravans and trailers I prefer a buzzer to a light (less likely to miss?).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Kia seem to be fitting 'Witter' tow bars these days - certainly that is what I have on my 2008 Sportage whereas my 2007 Carens had a 'AL KO'.The Carens came with the buzzer wheras the Sportage has the light mounted quite neatly in the redundant switch (on the XE) next to the 4WD lock. Personally I think the best solution is a trailer indicator light integrated in to the instrument panel which I have had on various Daihatsus. The buzzer on the Carens was very loud and quite annoying waiting at junctions. The light on the Sportage is a bit low and I have to move my right hand on the wheel to check that it is working.

I think £360 is an excellent price for a towbar with twin electrics - the Witter fitted to my wife's Fiat by a Witter dealer cost the same 2 years's ago with just the single 7 pin - and that was after ringing around. £570 seems a bit steep but the choice of electrical sockets can push-up the price as does a removable rather than fixed ball.

Richard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts