Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks-newbie here,so be gentle........

Just ordered a new Rio3 1.4 dieselin red today and was wondering what your opinions are?

I traded a Mazda 6 2.2 Diesel Sport 185bhp in and I know its a huuuuuuuge drop in performance but it was too expensive to keep the mazda so I`ve downsized to a Rio. They only had a base model in the showroom but the build quality seemed good and the spec list on the 3 was pretty impressive.

The car should arrive in November so I`ll just wait,patiently.......

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
IMHO I think the new Rio3 1.4 diesel at £13k for Rio2 to £14k for Rio3 ecodynamic one is overpriced compared to what they use to sell the previous Rio 1.5 diesel £9k for Rio 1 to £11400 for the top of the range. The 1.5diesel engine was brilliant unit mega torque and power and would certainly pull well and shocked lots of people on the roads as to how quick it went and it was great on fuel.
The 1.4 engine isn't so powerful down 20bhp and 65Nm torque on the 1.5 unit.
But your new Rio is an improvement build wise on the old one and is very nice looking inside and out.
I cant see me buying one just now. I am hoping they will bring the 3door sport version with 1.7 diesel engine out next year as one car mag said but I think it will be a bit pricey.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Davy!

It is a bit pricey but I think the general build quality and Spec list certainly appealed to me over some of the compeditors.The MPG appealed to me as I seem to be always filling the Mazda with fuel but will need to get used to not having all that power under my right foot!

The only thing I was a bit miffed about was the fact that they charged me an extra £150 for a spare wheel........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts