Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone , just bought an 09 Rio Chill and enjoying it immensely,even allowing for the annoying little bug of the A/C coming on when I start the heater (I believe this is intentional however and must learn to drill myself into turning it off). That said , I think it's a great little car and look forward to giving it a good run. One thing (general advice) - I paid for a dealer's lifetime guarantee (with Stoneacre) -have I made a mistake on this ? The manufacturer's warranty was no longer valid and as I tend to keep cars for a long time and not being the most mechanical person in the world I thought it was a good idea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer either told me that the extended warranty was not available on these models or that it wasn't transferable - I can't quite recall to be honest.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hmm, sounds odd...I hope he didn't then sell you a third party extended warranty for extra? I'd contact Kia and see what the deal is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i would be very shocked if the original warranty from Kia is not owner transferable, seeing as the owner's manual or service manual (i cant remember which now) has tear away forms to fill out and send back to Kia

1 - 7 of 7 Posts