Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I've just put a deposit down on a 57 plate Cee'd 1.6SR. I've been looking around the net for some styling tweaks and came across the front skirt as an official accesory. I cannot work out how it would fit onto my car as the pictures of the skirt appear to show a different front end to that of my cee'd..the difference appears to be where the fog lights are mounted. My car dosen't have fog lights but the spaces where they would be are in long narrow gap wheras the skirt pics show the fog lights fitted like spots in a different aperature...

Has anyone got the front skirt and I'm I just being crazy?

Thanks in advance!!

Chris

·
Registered
116 Posts
The same, but with fog's. I've not seen a "skirt" for it,but agree that I can't see how it could be fitted!

I thought that SR7's came with front fog's, and then found I have rear fog too. Having said that, there seem to be so many minor variations. Or it could be that the previous owner had them fitted as an "extra".

I wrote about this under my first posting "Newbie - SR7 information.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just to add to the confusion, I thought the SR and SR7 were one and the same, LOL (as in some never refer to the "7")
I know for definite mine is SR7, simply because of the badge on the back. AND, as I understand it SR7 / Limited edition is one and the same).

The "spec" I went by is this:

www.buyacar.co.uk/kia_ceed_hatchback_special_eds/car_14_sr-7_5dr_4642.jhtml

However, as trivial as it is, the sunvisors do not have"lights", although the spec says that's standard for my "version"!!!

Seems to me that irrespective of whatever "trim level" it's supposed to be, it boils down to whatever extras they had to hand (or not) at the time. I know I've got 4 wheels - one on each corner -because the Mrs counted them at time of purchase.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have no badges to refer to on mine. I used parkers for my specs. I know I have a single CD player and USB input etc. Not really to fussed though, going to fit a entire new stereo system along with lowered suspension and a spoiler I think! I'm also thinking that I might fit some daytime running lights in place of the fog lights.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Maybe we could do some kinda stereo trade - Mine came with the 6 cd player, but I only own 2 CDs! My stepson put loads of music tracks on a memorystick for me, which kinda makes the CD player redundant altogether! Having said that, I mostly listen to the radio!! Finally, Ive got a big box of cassette tapes which I can't play at all now

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've just found and read through the Parkers. Certainly is thorough, but I've still been cheated of my illuminated vanity mirrors! (Like it matters!)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just double check your service record (including the seperate page for paint inspection) is up to date and stamped, especially as you have several more years warranty remaining.

Make sure they give you the wheel nut unlocking "gizmo". They nearly forgot to give me mine.

Good luck! keep me posted

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Already checked the history :) Pretty much on the dot every year. Buying from a hyundai franchise but they also have a kia dealership not to far away. Car is one owner with 40k on it supplied by them so its been looked after :) even the wheels appeared to be uncurbed!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the PM :) Will give him a call :) Are there any other forums I should check out? Are there any Kia meets? I used to be a vectra owners club member and they had meets all the time! Same as briskoda, the skoda community!
The Kia scene seems pretty quiet...

·
Registered
116 Posts
The only other kia forum (and worth looking at) is www.kia-forums.com

I had a number of message exchanges with the founder, Dan,of this forum, but unfortuantely thereare no plans to develop this "club" beyond its website based forum.

Any "get-togethers" / "meets" is purely down to forum members arranging them.

There was one recently organised by some of the Soul owners (see "get-together" thread under Soul), and my wife and I went as an "honorary Soul member" disguised as a Cee'd lol.

Apart from this and the other KIA forum, in the "real world" the KIA community is non-existent!

I don't know how other car clubs have been formed, funded and run. Have dealers and or the uk main office got involved? Only one dealer sponsors this forum, that being Viking-kia. One of its people, VikingPaul is quite active on here, but that's as far as it goes

Having gone to the Soul meet, I'd certainly be up for meeting up with cee'd owners.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts