Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm a newbie on here and only just found this forum as I've not had any problems before.
I'm the owner of a 2006 Rio which I've owned since new.
I have a problem at the moment that the rear window washer isn't working and the carpet in the drivers footwell is wet !
I
have found a loose waterhose end near the bonnet release handle in the
footwell, this hose gushes water when the rear washer is operated, it
must have come off the hose/pipe that feeds to the rear window, could
anyone tell me which way this hose routes ? does it go upwards and
across the roof lining or along under the trims at the bottom of the
doors.
Just need to put this hose back on and problem should be solved.
Thanks in advance for any assistance

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hi Steve, the pipes runs along under the sill trims. This is quite a common fault on the Mk2 Rio. Happened to mine and when you join the hose back up use cable ties so it cant pop off again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
davy said:
Hi Steve, the pipes runs along under the sill trims. This is quite a common fault on the Mk2 Rio. Happened to mine and when you join the hose back up use cable ties so it cant pop off again.
Thanks for the prompt reply Davy, will take a look at it this weekend in the daylight so long at the weather stays fine.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Steve, Pull up the sill trim and pull the trim where the bonnet release handle is, thats the one going up the A post from the sill. You will see the hose in there. Its a rubber hose that fits onto a plastic hose this where it comes undone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
davy said:
Steve, Pull up the sill trim and pull the trim where the bonnet release handle is, thats the one going up the A post from the sill. You will see the hose in there. Its a rubber hose that fits onto a plastic hose this where it comes undone.
Cheers Davy, have the rubber pipe with a knot tied in at present (in case I forget about the fault). Just wasn't sure which bits of trim to start pulling off to stick it back where it should be.
Thanks for tip about cable tie also, have plenty of those lying about ( well those and Duct tape :)) ).

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
With all that water about the sound deadening under your drivers carpet will be saturated and that stuff takes a while to dry out. I squeezed out as much as I could and then got a blower heater and dried it off that way. The carpet dries quick tho'. All the best.

·
Registered
5 Posts
as per the pics below, I have eliminated half my KIA problems and this will also fix yours... maybe peruse my pics and see how easy it's done :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
davy said:
With all that water about the sound deadening under your drivers carpet will be saturated and that stuff takes a while to dry out. I squeezed out as much as I could and then got a blower heater and dried it off that way. The carpet dries quick tho'. All the best.
Thanks for all the help, rear washer now working again BUT I managed to damage one of the trim clips (are they called push rivets ?) ,and already had a broken one in the passenger footwell.
Does anyone know where I can get a couple of cheap replacements ?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Steve have a look on ebay I got loads for the fairing on my motorbike. Just measure the diameter and then check on ebay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts