Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all was wondering if anyone can help me i have a 56 kia rio 1.5 crdi with 27,000 miles on the clocki have a problem of fuel filling up the oil sump i had a local garage check it they told me the tip was worn off number 4 injector i have since replaced this and its still filling up the sump with diesel the way i found out it was filling the sump is because the engine was very hard to turn over like a dead battery so suspected the engine was hydraulicingmy local garage are not sure either what is causing the problem can anyone help me any please regards norrie

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hi Thefifer, welcome to the forum. Sounds worrying! Try posting again in the Rio section of the forum, hopefully someone there will be able to help.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
With anydieselif that is happening and all 4 injectors are not leaking it must go back to control of injectors ECU.It needsplugginginto a Kia dealer diagnostics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok looks like i will have to do that i have got a friend who has a snap-on solus you think it would be worth his while plugging it in ?

·
Registered
536 Posts
i have the snap on ethos and there worth every penny. Ask him to give it a shot before taking it to the garage. It will only show up electrical problems of unregular pressures ect.. If its something thats mechanical that doesnt effect anything down stream it may not show up..BUT trust me its worth giving it a shot

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
As you said it was hard to turn over ,it appeared to give impression cylinder or cylinders were flooded with diesel.Have all injectors been tested.Have all cylinders been compression checked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks i will give the solus a go and yes mate all of the compressions are fine but i shall keep you all posted how it goes many many thanks for the reply's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts