Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys ,i have a 2003 kia rio and there is water running inside roof lining to the back of the car and into the boot,no obvious probs with roof channels,its about to bring the inside down,its been suggested that its comming through the arial but cant see it,any help would be greatfully appreciated
THANX

< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Lennon38,When you get the headlining down and with a dry interior chuck a big of talcum power on the inside of the roof, you should be able to get it to stick. Sprinkle some around the boot floor play a hose on the roof and you will soon see were it is getting in it will leave a track in the talc. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Pull the back end of roof lining down and reach inside for washer hose and just check it has not popped off, it will be on right hand side. If its not that then the most common cause is the seam where the roof channel meats the back panel. Open the boot and check the seam carefully. It will look like a hairline crack and you may be able to get finger nail in it. Temp repair will be silicone sealer, if not then it will need re welding

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had thislast year, it was the water line for the window wipers... I found it really fiddly to get it back in place but the car was due an MOT anyway so the garage kindly popped it back into place for me :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
My problem with a boot leak was on the left hand sideunder boot carpet. In the end i found out it was indeed were the roof is welded to left hand panel. To the left of the left hand tail gate hinge. I used COMMA leak and seal because of its capillary action. It sucks it into the seam very good stuff. To start with i had all the back end interior stripped out to seal rear window quarter glass /seals around boot/rear window. But boot still leaked.The seam my look fine but try it. One totally dry boot. This was on 2003 kia rio ice . Hope this helpsJ.T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts