Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm picking up my first Kia and it happens to be a Caren s 2.0 petrol.... However i have had to say goodbye to08 plate VW Golf GTI mk5 2.0tfsi :( Oh how i will miss you beloved 200bhp.... Oh well the arrival of our first son has made the Golf not very practical & after lots of ear bending from the misses we went car shopping & come Thursday i will be the proud owner of a 58 plate Caren s...

& at £4k & 21,000 miles a dam site cheaper to buythan myGTI however it's nearly as much to insure
... Are there any spec's for the Caren s as i'm struggling to find any??

Thanks..

·
Registered
536 Posts
pj-kia said:
Hi,
at £4k & 21,000 miles a dam site cheaper to buythan myGTI however it's nearly as much to insure
Your not shopping around enough my friend. From a VW passat 2ltr to a pro-ceed 4 worth 4 times as much! insurance went down £40 to £355 fully comp, protected no claims and no excess AT ALL not even compulsory for a 26yr old aint bad. Its as easy as ringing up the insurance company and telling them its to expensive nowadays. Everyones using compare sites and picking the cheapest so when a customercalls, they have to take what they can get if there online quote wasnt thebest.

Got to admit though it sounds like you got a bargin. 21k in 4 yrs is nothing too!

Congratulations on the new arrival hopefully the little fella will enjoy the car as much as you do.

welcome to the forum
Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you i willmiss my GTI how ever after driving the Kia it isn't actually all that bad. Shame the road tax is £245
After some shopping around got the insurance down to £505fully comppaying monthly for me & my partner... Bonus we found out that its got a 5yr warranty not 3yr as we we're told by th sales man so we have nearly 2yrs warranty left.. However the nearest Kia dealer is Otherside of Cannock
about 30mile round trip...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.