Kia Owners Club Forum banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
So, not sure how many of you guys use the sound enhancer?

I have always had mine turned off. Tried it, but enjoy the V6 sounds sufficiently to have decided I don’t need it on.

But, I have now discovered that the sounds aren’t enhanced in Eco, which I use most of the time.

So, I am having a go with the sounds turned to the loudest setting, so when I do use sport (my daughter is always asking for sport), we get the full experience.

I have to say, accelerating hard in sport with the enhancer on max does get the hairs on the back of my neck standing up!!

·
Registered
2019 Stinger GTS Panthera Metal
28 Posts
I'm much the same, having tried all the settings, I leave it in enhanced where it only seems to take effect in sport mode, which I don't use all that often.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Must admit on my last trip driving thought the Yorkshire moors with a little bit of throttle my 2020 sounded the dogs bo##ocks with sound enhancer turned off 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Yes, the newer exhaust does sound fantastic on its own. And I have not had the enhancer on at all up to now.

But, I like to try different things to make sure I’m making the most of what the car has to offer!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I've always thought that the enhancer does work in all modes, except just at different volumes. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #131 (Edited)
Another update: I have now decided to leave the sound enhancer on max.

I am in Eco most of the time and I can’t hear it at all. But, when I select Sport and give it the beans, the extra sounds, working with the feeling of relentless acceleration, makes it even more exciting for me. And the sound is a really decent one. Waaaay better than the sound actuator on my Mk3 petrol vRS.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Another update: I have now decided to leave the sound enhancer on max.

I am in Eco most of the time and I can’t hear it at all. But, when I select Sport and give it the beans, the extra sounds, working with the feeling of relentless acceleration, makes it even more exciting for me. And the sound is a really decent one. Waaaay better than the sound actuator on my Mk3 petrol vRS.
After a month with mine I have turned it to the max too and quite enjoy the sound. To me it doesn't sound too fake and makes up for the lack of outside sound.

I was with a friend today who has a 2014 RS5 with an aftermarket exhaust and it is out of this world. Sounds unbelievably good up at the red line. Then again a naturally aspirated V8 will sound better than a turbo V6 so is hardly like for like but the exhaust on the Stinger for me is the only thing that lets it down. Otherwise it is amazing and I love it.

I also bought the same mats, really make it look better than carpet mats or no mats.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Hi Goat, your Stinger is a 2019?
I think the post March 2019 cars’ exhaust sounds fantastic. Really nicely judged. I think any louder for a daily would be OTT.

I’m sure your mate’s Audi does sound fantastic though!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Goat, your Stinger is a 2019?
I think the post March 2019 cars’ exhaust sounds fantastic. Really nicely judged. I think any louder for a daily would be OTT.

I’m sure your mate’s Audi does sound fantastic though!!
Yes it is a 2019 but the child in me wants it louder haha

Interested to see if the exhaust next year with the open and closing valve sounds any different. I'd never change the car just for that but if it was an option to buy a new exhaust through Kia and it be compatible I'd consider it if the difference was noticable and the price was right.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Mats look good. Are these ordered through the dealers?

If Kia do offer the new exhaust on the old Stinger (guessing not as we won't have the electronics to control the valves) it will be VERY expensive. The Back Boxes alone on the Stinger are £1200!

121 - 136 of 136 Posts