Kia Owners Club Forum banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I use 95 and never had any issues. Adding 5bhp to 365 is a marginal gain at best and not worth the long term investment in my opinion.

Each to their own though.
Yes the OM says the car is set up for 95 RON, so obviously will not cause any problems.
Will give it a go next week and see what difference I feel it makes to performance and wallet!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Hi guys, have posted a few pics in the Stinger photos thread.

Hope all of you are staying safe and well!

Cheers
Dunc

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hey Dunc, I saw that Piston Heads where promoting your thread on Facebook. I had a couple of friends message me about the thread. Fame at last! :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Hey Dunc, I saw that Piston Heads where promoting your thread on Facebook. I had a couple of friends message me about the thread. Fame at last! :)
Cheers buddy.
Yep, they tweeted out about it too! The car’s getting lots of love over on PH. Quite a few asking Q’s and waiting until prices drop a little before taking the plunge.
With the warranty, these will be a great buy at 3-4 years old.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Cheers buddy.
Yep, they tweeted out about it too! The car’s getting lots of love over on PH. Quite a few asking Q’s and waiting until prices drop a little before taking the plunge.
With the warranty, these will be a great buy at 3-4 years old.
Yes, a 3 year old one with 4 years warranty left - cracking.

Really missing driving mine. Luckily we've bagged a click and collect tomorrow so will be taking the car down there to collect, and then dropping some food off at my parent's house. Have to be careful though, as I read that insurance will be invalid if you take the car anywhere unnecessarily. My parents are 72 so I think that's classed as a valid journey. ??

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
That’s got to be utter nonsense about the insurance, surely.

Collecting food and taking some of it to your folks is surely fine anyway!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Yes, agreed, I think this is the key quote at the end of the article:

A spokesman from the Association of British Insurers said: "During lockdown the Government has advised against all but essential travel.
"Motor insurers have relaxed rules around car use for those using it for volunteering purposes or getting to work, if you are using your car for non-essential travel you will be breaking Government rules but you do not risk invalidating your car insurance."

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Have fitted a roofbox for our summer road trip.

4FA13CC7-FEA5-47A2-82F8-ABF6C63C90D5.jpeg
Pics in Photos thread in case you guys missed them.

One here too ;-)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Looks smart. Managed to get all our luggage in the boot for a 1 week holiday, but it was full to the rafters!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Thanks, box and boot totally packed, but there are four of us. Does rather spoil the look of the car, but a once a year gig max.

At least it allowed me to enjoy the car for a week away. Got loads of attention as always!

·
Registered
660 Posts
We're 4 up too. Tend to just cut down on the kid's toys until it all fits. 😆

I always find I don't wear half of what pack when I go away anyway, so pack quite light now. Boot still needs to be manually pushed down to get it to shut though!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Haha, good work. You haven’t met my 14 year old daughter and seen her luggage requirements!!
Pretty pleased the roofbox fitted okay and without any damage.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Good point about teenagers, I've not factored that in! I may be coming back to this thread in a few years for advice on roof boxes!

How do the bars fit anyway? Are there specific bars for the Stinger, or do genetic ones work? How does it affect your economy? I went on holiday to the Midlands last week. Got 35mpg up there (From London) and 36mpg on the way back. Saw 37 at one point but the slower traffic as I got closer to London dropped the number a bit. Not too bad though.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
The bars are generic, but the feet that fit onto the bars are a Kia Stinger pack. You have to follow instructions and wind in to a set distance - front and rear are a different width as the car is tapered.

They also tell you exactly where to place them on the car, to the mm.

I used The Roofbox Company. Excellent guys, have used them many times over the years.

A rubber pad sits on the metal just outside the sunroof surround (this black surround isn’t that secure / solid). But the metal roof is strong.

Then clamps wind up into the door aperture. You should see it in this pic. I used black tape to protect the car from the clamps. You can see the tape in the pic.
86572E2F-49B2-446F-B113-805A1FF5F465.jpeg

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Economy dropped by 3-4 mpg. But, we were four up with a very full boot and a full roofbox, so heavier as well as less streamlined.

Pumped tyres up to 39 at the front and 40 at the rear (cold).

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Tyre update:

I have just replaced the original front Contis with GY Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s. This was at 16,650 miles.

The Contis were under 3mm and the car was starting to feel a little light at the front under heavy braking in the wet.

Things are much improved now.

Of interest, the Asymmetric 3s with the MFS (max flange shield - basically tyre wheel rim protection) have a larger protective ‘flange’ than the Asymmetric 5s I have on the rear wheels.

101 - 120 of 136 Posts