Kia Owners Club Forum banner

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Good stuff. I like the I30n

This weeks one for me was when I pulled into my drive way and a guy in a van slammed his brakes on as he passed, wound the windows down and just started nodding and saying "oh yes. Niiiiiiice car mate" etc...... the car gets so much love :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yep, if you stick to 70 ish, 34mpg is possible! Not bad :)

Very relaxing on long motorway trips, too. The car basically drives itself!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Yep, if you stick to 70 ish, 34mpg is possible! Not bad /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Very relaxing on long motorway trips, too. The car basically drives itself!
Yep, agreed buddy. Two cars in one:

Relaxed cruiser in Eco, absolute monster in Sport!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Arguably three cars actually.

Third:

‘Poser around town!’

Was in Clifton, Bristol today. Sat in traffic, burbling away. Three school boys walk past, heads turning like owls looking at the car.

Then I heard, “Bloody ****, it’s Kia!”

·
Registered
160 Posts
Arguably three cars actually.

Third:

‘Poser around town!’

Was in Clifton, Bristol today. Sat in traffic, burbling away. Three school boys walk past, heads turning like owls looking at the car.

Then I heard, “Bloody ****, it’s Kia!”
Haha!

Clifton is a lovely part of Bristol too. Ruddy expensive though and barely worth owning a car with how shocking traffic is round there.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Watched the lad (11 years old) play rugby this afternoon. First properly cold and wet day since I bought the car.

He was properly soaked and bedraggled afterwards. I was pretty cold too!

Put him in the front, heated seats on, heating on 22 degrees, and drove him home swiftly through the pouring rain in the dark, ambient lighting doing its thing, LED headlights piercing the early evening.....

Thought to myself, “God I love this car for its breadth of ability!”

·
Registered
660 Posts
You forgot to mention the towel to cover the seat! Rear seats also heated, although my two are still in car seats so don't benefit form that yet!

Ambient lights sound great - I don't have them :(

·
Registered
160 Posts
The ambient lighting is good but it's not the greatest implementation. You're not missing anything special so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I was doing some reading yesterday and apparently in the top spec Stingers in the US and CAN the rear seats are heated and ventilated. I always thought the UK GTS was fully loaded (barring AWD) but apparently not.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The ambient lighting is good but it's not the greatest implementation. You're not missing anything special so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I was doing some reading yesterday and apparently in the top spec Stingers in the US and CAN the rear seats are heated and ventilated. I always thought the UK GTS was fully loaded (barring AWD) but apparently not.
Blimey

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
You forgot to mention the towel to cover the seat! Rear seats also heated, although my two are still in car seats so don't benefit form that yet!

Ambient lights sound great - I don't have them /forum/images/smilies/frown.gif
Haha, don’t worry, he was sitting on a towel!!

Yep, rear seats are heated but he likes to be up front checking out all the toys, especially when his sister isn’t about.

He has recently come out of a car seat, so he’s loving the heated / cooled thing.

The ambient lights are great. Have them on red, but can change to loads of other colours. Shame you haven’t got them. Seems the 2019 updates are quite numerous.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I agree, I’m not that impressed with the ambient lighting. They could have, at least, put it in the rear doors as well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think it would have been much better implemented if it was considered during the initial design phase. As it was, the ambient lighting was a retrofit 1 year after initial production so I guess they were limited with what they could do.

It would have been nice to have seen the ambient lighting implemented around the coffee cup holders and the footwell too. I also agree about the rear doors but I guess it's much harder to do that if you haven't already catered for the wiring looms during initial design.

Like I said, it's good, and I like it. But it's nothing to rave about.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
What fuel are you guys using? I’ve given mine premium petrol (usually 97 ron) since buying it, but recently treated it to a tank of Shell V-Power 99. Seems even smoother that ever!

Probably just imagining it to be fair!!

Anyway, have you guys noticed any difference between fuels? Performance and consumption-wise.

Cheers

·
Registered
67 Posts
What fuel are you guys using? I’ve given mine premium petrol (usually 97 ron) since buying it, but recently treated it to a tank of Shell V-Power 99. Seems even smoother that ever!
I regularly use 99 for the extra power and I think the Shell has all the extra additives to keep the engine healthy.

The other option is Tesco, they have 99 Momentum, so same octane rating but maybe not the same additives?
Definitely cheaper though!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I regularly use 99 for the extra power and I think the Shell has all the extra additives to keep the engine healthy.

The other option is Tesco, they have 99 Momentum, so same octane rating but maybe not the same additives?
Definitely cheaper though!
Dan, sounds good. Have you tried 95 and, if so, have you noticed any difference?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Okay, so I have decided that my last fill on 99 does make the engine seemingly smoother than ever and pull harder than ever.

I also turned the sound enhancer on today (to the max) and had a dash in Sport. Sounded amazing and really made me smile!!

Turned back off now though. Eco and sound off is the default for chilled out cruising, especially as we Iisten to music whenever the kids are on board.

But it’s fun to know naughty pumped-in sounds are available for a blat!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dan, sounds good. Have you tried 95 and, if so, have you noticed any difference?
Never had the bottle to use 95!
I stick with the 99 where I can but always go for Esso / BP premium if running low (mainly for the additives).

Can feel a difference between 97 and 99 though (I know very subjective).
I think 5th gear tried a VW Gti and got around an extra 5bhp between 95 and 99. I think with the bigger engine we could be getting even more.
Marginal gains with so much power already on tap but I always want to get the most.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Never had the bottle to use 95!
I stick with the 99 where I can but always go for Esso / BP premium if running low (mainly for the additives).

Can feel a difference between 97 and 99 though (I know very subjective).
I think 5th gear tried a VW Gti and got around an extra 5bhp between 95 and 99. I think with the bigger engine we could be getting even more.
Marginal gains with so much power already on tap but I always want to get the most.
It not only depends on the Octane but also the manufacturer. A test was done a while back by a popular motoring show (can't remember which). Surprisingly I think BP performed very poorly and some of the lower Octane actually achieved higher BHP output. But even between the ones that were rated the same Octane the BHP increases were sporadic.

I use 95 and never had any issues. Adding 5bhp to 365 is a marginal gain at best and not worth the long term investment in my opinion.

Each to their own though.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts