Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’m about to join in the fun.

I’ve paid a deposit on a nearly new Stinger GT-S in ceramic grey with black leather. Originally wanted the red leather, but Mrs Dunc and my daughter expressed doubts (my 10 year-old boy was all over the red leather!), so common sense prevailed. So a slightly more sober family car it will be.

Very excited indeed and looking forward to updating you all with my experiences with the car.

I’m coming from a 2014 Skoda Octavia vRS 220 Estate with Pano roof and Columbus Nav which I have absolutely loved, but I decided I needed to a move to a properly powerful petrol family car for the next few years before the whole world goes electric!

Cheers and looking forward to sharing the Kia experience with you all!

Dunc

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome Dunc Enjoy your Stinger

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome … no hurry on cars going electric there is nowhere near the infrastructure in place for that to become common, let alone the environmental impact of changing all those cars after 5 years when the batteries are toast ! But can see the thinking ! plus while the VED is so cheap … ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ceramic Grey with black leather is a great combination ... it works for me.

Electric cars will happen, it’s just that the timescales are overly optimistic. The range of something like an E-Niro is good enough for many, but how do you charge it if you live in a townhouse with on street parking? Cable across the pavement? TRIP, oops, compensation claim.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not the Chippenham one, mine is a 3.3.

It’s not shown as for sale anymore. I’ll post pics and give my first impressions when I pick it up!

Appreciate the welcome comments. Cheers guys.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I am sure you will love it.
I know the Octy vRS well, I had 2 before my Superb 280, and I think you will feel the car is a lot quieter than the Octy.
Mine isn't far off as quiet as the Superb was and that was a lot better than the Octy's I had, plus with that V6TT under your right foot there will be plenty of smiles, I couldn't stretch to the 3.3, but maybe next time ...

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'm fairly sure the Stinger will be my last internal combustion car, I intend to keep it for a fair few years by which time I hope things will have developed well in the electric area . Having been in a Tesla I was converted, we just need to prices to come down, the range to go up and like has been mentioned, the infrastructure to come on. If you have 100k to spend then I think you can go there now, although the model 3 and the eNero are decent.

If for no other reason though, if you get a chance to try a Tesla with Ludicrous mode have a ride just for the acceleration. It's like nothing else!

But I digress. The Stinger is a brilliant choice dunc, there's nothing else on the market with the spec at the price. Be prepared for the looks though, and brush up on your banter as you'll be speaking to more random people than you ever have before once you get delivery!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. Agree, possibly my last ICE car, especially as I’ll have 6.5 years warranty left!

Yes, I am expecting lots of looks and comments. Looking forward to it. Will remind me of my TVR Chimaera days in that respect.

Really excited now - pick up on 22nd July!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Savage, agree about the vRS’s noise. Love the car, but it isn’t really a relaxing cruiser except on the smoothest of surfaces. Too much tyre and wind noise. But it’s mainly the tyre roar that irritates.

Looking forward to a quieter cruiser that will show a really decent turn of speed when required!

·
Registered
24 Posts
You’ve picked a great colour. My ceramic has the red interior which i think is the best combo, but each to their own. I’ve had it 7 months and it gets constant attention. Literally every day you get people staring at it as you drive past. Be prepared for many a chat with interested people. I’ve rebadged mine so the look on their face when you tell them it’s a KIA is priceless. I’ve seen 6 others out and about, and none look as good as the ceramic in my opinion. Enjoy

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Garciac! Agree about the ceramic. Great colour. Sent my mate this pic and he said, “Stealth Grey, HMS Duncan, Destroyer, First Class!” Made me laugh

Black leather with the grey stitching will do me very nicely, but the red is gorgeous.

I particularly like the door cards where the red is set against the Harmon Kardon speakers. Beautiful.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I will be surprised if you don't like the car, more and more, the longer you have it. Thoroughly enjoying mine. Congrats on the purchase

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome ?

I purchased my Stinger GTS 4 months ago for the exact same reason. Always bought cheap second hand economical cars (had a 1.7d Optima before this) and the tight Yorkshireman in me always said "my next car would be more fun" but I always bottled it when it came to accepting the additional running costs that come with such a car.

Then much like you I thought...this may be my last chance to buy considering the momentum behind electric in the past three years and the Governments efforts to make performance cars taboo. So I bit the bullet and haven't regretted yet. ?

You'll definitely enjoy the car I'm sure. ?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Thanks guys. Agree, possibly my last ICE car, especially as I’ll have 6.5 years warranty left!

Yes, I am expecting lots of looks and comments. Looking forward to it. Will remind me of my TVR Chimaera days in that respect.

Really excited now - pick up on 22nd July!
Hi dunc69 may I ask if the dealer you bought the car from begins with TOW if it is I know your car!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome Dunc. I’ve got the 3.3 Ceramic Grey with black leather and I must admit when it’s been waxed and polished it looks amazing.

I have never had a car that people gawp at like this one. People have literally turned around in the street to look. I do catch myself admiring in shop windows...especially in the dark with the lights on. Fuel consumption sucks but I drive it hard.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts