Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. i am new here, and looking for some buying advice.
I am looking for a reliable sedona, about 5 years old

looking for something cheap,

i will be doing about 4000 miles a year in it, so fuel economy is not paramount but a nice to have, and a model where the road tax is not silly. trim levels are not vital either.

any thoughts?

any things to look out for as far as reliability etc when looking at vehicles?

·
Registered
101 Posts
The newer model after 2005/6 has a very high road tax. Try to find a car that has a good service history,and hope you have got it right.
I found a main dealer trade in. Still had a heater pipe go and split. Yesterday had to have the air con re-charged. For which I used a mobile service that came to me.

Over all pleased with the car,as it is very versatile.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i got the wife a 53 plate le model black leather and tv front fogs side bars the lot 51k on it 3.5k a woman owned it for the passed 5 years said it was serviced all the time but when i got it i gave it the works now it runs like a dream got 645 miles on a full tank great stuff, ive replaced front discs pads towbar full service and changed gearbox oil took the calipers off and refurbed them undrsealed the whole car lastweek [but dont believe what people tell you when they are selling the cars if you can go and see it first if its on fleabay .

·
Registered
422 Posts
Don't think the road fund licence is any more on the 2005 + models - just renewed mine on a 2006 2.9 Sedona TS manual and it was £247 - I also run an old Astra 1.7td Estate and the tax on that was around £215 - so its not that bad

·
Registered
101 Posts
MJ said:
The newer model after 2005/6 has a very high road tax. Try to find a car that has a good service history,and hope you have got it right.
I found a main dealer trade in. Still had a heater pipe go and split. Yesterday had to have the air con re-charged. For which I used a mobile service that came to me.

Over all pleased with the car,as it is very versatile.

Take a look at this web site clearly states that 06 onwards sedonas cost a lot more to tax then pre 06.
http://...parkers.co.uk/cars/road-tax/?deriv=34849#manu=4835&model=1516&deriv=34849

·
Registered
5 Posts
although having just checked an 06 plate sedona I am looking at buying it comes in at bandk so £245 per year

1 - 12 of 12 Posts