Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've had 2 cr-vs - great car but I don't believe in buying anything 3 times, life's too short. Really struggling to find an equivalent car with the specific requirements of near equal economy and near boot size. I like the Hyundai Santa Fe, but local dealers are inconvenient / low rent operations. The wife is a bit of a 'badge snob' and doesn't wantto change from a cr-v. However, we saw the new Sorento and badge aside she was quite impressed. Offers near boot size and economy to Cr-v with added usefulness of the extra seats. ncap and warranty are plus points. I drove an old sorento as a courtesy car for a few weeks- light years away from cr-v handling but rugged, honest and practical, which I like rather than bells and whistles. Local dealers are small but convenient and look reasonably professional and helpful. Strugglingto get a test drive yet as waiting for a manual kx2but need help to make the brand switch - unless you tell me I am madto do so!

- without specifics, in general should I expect similar reliability from the sorento as the cr-v - seems pretty well screwed together and also erring on the side of robustness rather than too high tech

- Kia dealers - generally ok? Spare parts easy to find etc?

- a technical one - new sorento has a dpf I assume - does kia have any problems with these like nissan vw etc? Any special driving requirements - do about 12000 miles pa - weekly commute but longer trips at weekends.

All help / reassurance appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
682 Posts
Welcome Mickp1 to the forum, can not help you with the Sorento, and the new model has only just come out so not much history so far.
Worth looking at the Sorento section on the site, there aresome items on the new model.

All the best for the future.

Bob.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts