Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a picanto 1.1lx with 14" alloys and few mods have had for 5 years now faultless little car . All round a brilliant motor !! Have taken and removed many bits on picantos so if any one needs advise on any thing just contact me . Will upload picture of it soon

Dan .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I'm a newbie here and really enjoy reading your post here, I also own Picanto and am looking for someone who can advice me on how to customize it, I want to add more functionality to it so as to look a bit more sporty, do you have several photo you can upload and share?
steve barbarich
best adwords

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I will take some pictures And upload them later in the week in for new brakes at moment ( brembos) in red . I have 120 bhp on the dyno out of mine with stripes 2000w. Alpine sub type s and v12 amp x2 in car and zenon blue head light kit and blue interior cockpit lights . Under the bonnet I have new throttle body , air induction , strut brace etc it eats SPAM Gtis and civic type r 's for breakfast .

Are these the type of things you looking for my mate fitted the engine bits he used to work for k tec racing

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
What the hell have you had done to the engine to get 120bhp at the wheels. To get that at the wheels the engine has to be a good 150bhp . A standard 1.1 Pic has 64bhp at engine. A bit optimistic in my opinion but I am eager to here your explanation.
Edited by: davy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi well it's a lot of work took 2 soild months to modify the engine it has had about £3k put into it , it has had the engine stripped apart and every possible componant made stronger and replaced it has a supercharger on at the moment moddifyed to fit of a mini copper s works but thinking of turbo next . Can't really tell you the rest of the things done because I want to be the only picanto with these type of engine mods soz . But it drinks fuel like a v8 lol it only does 18 to the gallon nomal driving when you give it some beans you only get about 9 ish and have currently just fitted nos to it now . It's current top speed on sat nav does 140 mph and 0-60 in 6.5seconds with out nitros . Will record and put on you tube at later date to show the people on there how it's done .

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Absolutely brilliant.
At first I thought you were pulling our leg. You must give some guys in their scoobies and type Rs a fright ha ha. I take it the gearing has been changed to give you the top end speed or does it have power past the original red line.
This I've got to see on youtube.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi the standard gear box has been removed and new modiffied one installed Have eaten loads of cars for breakfast . The best is when boy racers with there mate are beside at the lights in there modded civics with big exhausts and when They rev up engine then I do there face drops lol and then I wave byeeeeeeee

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi sad to say my picanto is no more :( some Idiot over took some one on a contry road and went head on into my picanto !!!! Have not much of the car left the engine is mosly ok the strut braces saved most of it , but think the insurance company might not let me have the car back ! :( glad I had fully comp insurance Mind you I'm only 22 and cost me £2,000 to insure a year , and I also record the guy saying it's his fault on my phone . Brilliant little car in a accident all the air bags went off fine even the seat ones like sitting in a arm chair lol .

Really miss the little thing but will make another.

once a KIA Allways A KIA !!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgot to put in message lol more than insurane are brilliant have got rental car out of them one problem it a match box. Chevrolet matiz with a poxy 1 bhp I think and it's a horrible colour orange and I'm 6ft 3 and my head is out of the sun roof lol looks like somin from top gear !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts