Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all

I'm new to this forum so I say hello to you all.

Do I have to replace all 4 tyres on my 55plate sorento xt.
I have put 2 AT tyres on the back but it seems to be going into 4wd when driving on rhe road.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi Scott,
The rear tyres must be the same diameter as fronts or slightgly larger[ not sure by how many mm],

but you are correct in putting new tyres on the rear other wise you will cause serious probs to the TOD system.

Are the front tyres the same type etc....the tod system should only engage when the sensors detect slip at the front wheels !!

Taff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i put 2 tyres on the front (same make) what a difference. It looks like I had to change all 4 at a cost of £600 :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Scott, I am new here as well, My sorento is ready for new tyres and I was looking at the new grabber a/t that you have fitted. My question is are they noisier than the originals and have you lost MPG, what is your impression of them. Did you look at the grabber HTS?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi scot-e you say you fitted 2 tyres the same make, what a differance you also said. what do you mean. I have a 2006 sorento xt it suffers with a low speed sudder when parking. my front tyres are worn more than the rear. thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Its really important to rotate tyres on the Sorento to maintain even wear.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Hi everyone, <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Thought it would be best to clarify the situation
with tyre replacement on the Sorento.

Regardless of age or model, it is best practice to
replace all four tyres at the same time, preferably with the same tyre brand.

This means the tread depth (therefore rolling
diameter) of each tyre is the same, preventing what's known as transfer box
""˜wind up'. If tread depth is different, each tyre will rotate differently which
will inevitably lead to internal damage in the transfer box.

Hope this helps, but if anyone needs any more
information, please give us a call.

Kia Customer Service

0845 6017521

Visit www.kia.co.uk

Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk

Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Wednesday: 8.30am - 6pm

Thursday: 9.30am - 6pm

Friday: 8.30am - 6pm

Saturday: 9am - 1pm

Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have not been rotating my tyres and I noticed last summer that I was getting a worrying noise. At the time my front tyres were nearing replacement with plenty of wear on the rears.

I recently replaced the front tyres with new tyres of a different brand. The noise was no better if not worse. I reversed the tyres front and back. Not much change to the noise.

After researching on the web I decided to fit an additional two new tyres today. Four new tyres of the same brand and spec. Drove the car today. No noise at all.

I hope I haven't damaged the Transaxle or anything else in the meantime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts