Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the new K3 with a Tow bar. Just had a look under it, they must have had to take the ass out the car to fit it. Looks a really nice jobdon'tget me wrong, Just wonderingexactly whats involved as Iknowits done in the dealership (or contracted out) rather on theconveyorbelt.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
It took me about 30-40 minutes to fit the bar. A lot longer to fit the electrics.

Land Rover excepted, it was probably the easiest towbar installation I've ever done.

·
Registered
47 Posts
just purchased a bosal tow bar ready to fit when it gets a bit warmer and dryer the instructions and the parts are well made and looking under the car simple to fit.
i bolted my vitara one on in about 30 to 40 minutes, it was the dedicated wireing harness that took about 4 hours taking all the inside panels out and putting back again,pugging the harness in took 5 minutes.

·
Registered
437 Posts
most bars are simple to fit nowadays, most are just bolted underneath to existing holes in the chassis. Gone are the days of removing bumper cover and replacing the rail with the towbar and cutting a slot in the bumper to allow for the bar. Electrics is the long part especially if you have twin electrics

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I used a 13 pin KIA supplied dedicated wiring lit and it took me three days!

The kit is designed for left hand drive vehicles and what you see in the instructions doesn't always relate to what you see on the car. The worst problem was getting the two power feed wires from inside the cabin into the engine compartment. The suggested route through a grommet in the bulkhead doesn't seem to exist on a RHD car or, if it does, I couldn't find it.

If you want to make a fully professional looking job and not have loose wires trailing around under the bonnet, you may want to tidy it up with some heat shrink insulation and split cable sleeving.

·
Registered
38 Posts
tow bar express came and fitted mine 1hr and two cups of tea half a tin of bickies and £239 nice job,i have idioted my shin on it ever since

1 - 6 of 6 Posts