Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, after 30+ years a Renault man(Renault have made such a mess of their U.K. business) I am now the proud owner of a Kia Rio3 (1.4 diesel in black).On my 1st outing last Thursday (mixed driving of 70mls) the car returned 50.2mpg
As other members are, I was worried about the spare wheel problem - after much research and in consultation with a mechanic I came up with the following solution as I had 4 new Renault Clio 14"x5.5j rims (replaced with alloys)

14"rim + 175x80 tyre(second hand) - total cost £20

or

14" rim+ 165x80 tyre(new) - total cost £35

tools -
<H1 =vi-is1-titleH1>KIA CEED GENUINE TOOL KIT + JACK SET WHEEL BRACE(£47)--Item number: 250970993519 bought on ebay ( or obtainable from a breakers yard)</H1>
<H1 =vi-is1-titleH1>this combination fits perfectly in the spare wheel well</H1>
<H1 =vi-is1-titleH1>other sizes of Renault rims may work as long as they are 4stud pcd100 ET36 sprigot bore 65.1</H1>
<H1 =vi-is1-titleH1>Hope this is helpful to someone</H1>
<H1 =vi-is1-titleH1>Good luck and safe driving</H1>

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hi Jacko, welcome to the world of Rio!
Interesting fuel figures, sounds no better than the old 1.5 CRDi Rio, which had more power.

Glad you got your wheel problem sorted.

If you make a mistake in your post you can correct it using the post editing option.

·
Registered
225 Posts
M4trundler said:
Interesting fuel figures, sounds no better than the old 1.5 CRDi Rio, which had more power.

Maybe so but I would much rather be driving round in Jacko's car.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Why's that? Is it the handling? That was supposed to have been improved. I still haven't driven a new Rio yet, I was hoping I'd get one today while mine is in for a service. But instead a got a crappy Picanto. It has to be one of the worst cars I've ever had to drive. I couldn't wait to get to work and get out of it.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
M4trundler said:
Why's that? Is it the handling? That was supposed to have been improved. I still haven't driven a new Rio yet, I was hoping I'd get one today while mine is in for a service. But instead a got a crappy Picanto. It has to be one of the worst cars I've ever had to drive. I couldn't wait to get to work and get out of it.
Wooah M4 the Picanto mafia clan will be out to get you now

·
Registered
328 Posts
A couple of years ago when I had a Picanto as a courtesy car (Picanto was the older shape) I used £15 of fuel to drive 108 miles.

ok not too bad, but I quickly learnt to drive at 60mph as it drank fuel at 70mph.
Yet around town it wasnt a bad car.

I was so glad to get the Rio back though.
It must have been comical to watch me pull away from the dealers in it as I had got used to the Picanto and I just flew away forgetting how much pull there is on the Rio diesel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts