Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first EV and it's a 2018 Kia Soul EV. First impressions are very positive and I love the fact I don't have to visit a petrol station anymore just plug it in at home superb.
Hope to read some very interesting posts about Kia Soul EV's.

Registered
Just bought my first EV and it's a 2018 Kia Soul EV. First impressions are very positive and I love the fact I don't have to visit a petrol station anymore just plug it in at home superb.
Hope to read some very interesting posts about Kia Soul EV's.
We bought our 2020 Soul EV last September (a KIA demonstration car so had its full 7 yr) and have found it to be the best car ever. I passed my test 57 years ago in a petrol automatic but before they differentiated automatics in the test. Since then I have driven just about everything with 4 wheels and had diesels for the last 30 odd years so I was a bit surprised how quickly I took to the EV. We still have a manual diesel camper but I don't have any problem switching between Manual and automatic. I haven't sorted out the cruise and limit yet as to me it doesn't seem very obvious, very different to our camper. One thing I have noticed is the effect of low temperatures. Last September/October I was easily getting an average of 4.3miles per kW but when it is near zero outside I'm lucky to get 3.1 and now with the outside at around 8 degrees I get 3.5 typically. I charge overnight with a slow charger (2.2kW) and it usually stops before the end of scheduled charging at about 97% charged and typically 270ish miles range. So far the only commercial chargers I have used are the nominal 7kW free ones at Tesco.
Martin

Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
We bought our 2020 Soul EV last September (a KIA demonstration car so had its full 7 yr) and have found it to be the best car ever. I passed my test 57 years ago in a petrol automatic but before they differentiated automatics in the test. Since then I have driven just about everything with 4 wheels and had diesels for the last 30 odd years so I was a bit surprised how quickly I took to the EV. We still have a manual diesel camper but I don't have any problem switching between Manual and automatic. I haven't sorted out the cruise and limit yet as to me it doesn't seem very obvious, very different to our camper. One thing I have noticed is the effect of low temperatures. Last September/October I was easily getting an average of 4.3miles per kW but when it is near zero outside I'm lucky to get 3.1 and now with the outside at around 8 degrees I get 3.5 typically. I charge overnight with a slow charger (2.2kW) and it usually stops before the end of scheduled charging at about 97% charged and typically 270ish miles range. So far the only commercial chargers I have used are the nominal 7kW free ones at Tesco.
Martin
Difference between cruise and limit is...
Cruise is the speed you want to drive at and...
Limit is the speed you don't want to exceed.

Limit will let you go quicker but will BONG at you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts