Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,Finally managed to activate my account but have been following the kia soul threads for a few
weeks now. Mines been on order for about 5 weeks and still no build date.
Nice to see some of you are finally getting yours. Seems to be about a thirteen week wait on
average from what I can gather.
That would take me into the later half of January

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Just make sure that the price you have agreed is at the current VAT rate if you are not getting it until the New Year. !!

·
Registered
118 Posts
My order has been 8 weeks so you might just be lucky and get it sooner. i would call them as there is definately another shipment coming in on 26/11, that was when my one was due toarrive but dealer is allocating me one that was for the showroom.

Whooo hooo it's a big day tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I got 2 dates - this Saturday @ 9am without my private plate or 3 weeks time ish with private plates - guess what I picked.......

·
Registered
276 Posts
Because the p/p needs to be taken off one car and placed on another Lisa -can take upto 14 days plus there's a problem with the V5. Had a gutfull now so putting the p/p on retention till Jan and I'll sort it myself - at least I'll have a car before xmas.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Don't get me going about private plates and the DVLA. My Soul sat on the forecourt for 3 weeks while I waited for DVLA to send out the documents ( retention doc and new log book for my existing car).

Firstly, they wouldn't talk to me about my query until I had passed the target time for my document to be processed.

When I did get to speak to them I was informed that my retention document had been sent out 2 weeks earlier and must have been "lost in the post". I asked for a replacement to be sent out but that was against the rules!!! They will only send out further documents in response to a written request or fax, not phone calls or emails. I faxed them several times to ensure the request was processed on the advice of one of their staff. When I phoned them after another week I was insulted over the phone for sending more than one fax to them!

I was even told to register the car and change plates at a later date if I wanted to speed up the process.When I asked them to reimburse me the admin fee to the insurance company for changing the reg number they didn't want to know surprisingly.

Anyway it was sorted eventually. I had my pound of flesh by going through their complaints dept. ( All calls are recorded) They even said they would " modify their systems of work" as a result of "my customer experience" but I wouldn't bank on it.

We bought a new Citroen C1 for my wife in September, we put her plates on retention to save all the hassle. The local DVLA office transferred everything over instantly a couple of weeks later. It's a pity it's the local DVLA offices earmarked for closure rather than devolve the work from Swansea to them.

That's enough of my rant, I only see the letters "DVLA" and get into a lather.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hit or miss with this Kia outfit then Dude - been ova 14 weeks for me yet others have had theirs in 5-6 weeks - don't make sense. Already told the dealer it's my first and last.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I really hope it does Dave but it'll have to be the best I've had.
Customer Service is everything to me as i've enjoyed the best around for 6 years (2x 3 years with Citroen) -so far this lot are non - existant.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just wondering, how long did you guys have to wait on average before getting a build date?and how long after that did the car actually arrive?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Taffy, is it the dealers fault or lack of supply from the factory? I got my car in 3 weeks but admittedly it was a my10 car - but who cares, it is still on a 60 plate and registered this September and when it gets sold, the resale should be the same as a my11 vehicle - I hope

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The car carriers are very slow (much slower than container ships)...... they will take a minimum 5 weeks to get from korea to here...... then there is all the import paperwork too. So if your car has actually been built its gonna take that long at least to get here. This is why the dealers bend over backwards to source one locally or try and persuade you to take a different model.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They did try to offer me a nissan juke specced up model for less but Im 6'3 andit looks a little cramped. I was told originally that there would be a 10week wait but I'm
nearly into the 7th week and still no build date! :(

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I think you did right to wait for the Soul, I have only seen a couple of those Jukes - but they dont seem to sit right on the road. The tempest seems to hunker down 4 square....and its a gorgeous looking car too. Go on the USA forum and scroll thru the garages...... it will make the wait worthwhile.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
When i park up the Tempest - i always look back to admire it. And when i come back - its always a pleasure when i catch sight of it. Paintwork issues and lumpy ride aside - its a good car.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Not the dealer Foxy - Kia UK gave me all sorts of excuses, shipping, demand, made to order, etc - now had 2 shipments in a just ova a fortnight. Kia UK quoted from terms & cond. about compo. I got no chance. Got it now and well chuffed. Edited by: Taffy 49

1 - 20 of 35 Posts