Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
The issue is, the newer cars have a particulate filter so I'm sure this affects the sound - perhaps the new back boxes are made with this in mind. If I was to fit one of those to my car which no filter, the results could perhaps be unpredictable with regards to resistance etc. I did hear though that the box type I have (with the passive spring loaded valves) isn't a good design due to the potential of the valves seizing. So, it's possible the new boxes are a redesign for this purpose. The dealer orders new parts based on your reg so whether or not they supply you with old design parts (as that's what the car came with) or improved parts I don't know. Suppose it depends on the reason the design changed. What I do know is that when I looked up the part number it said for Stingers 2017 onwards, rather than say 2017-2019, which implies there aren't different models (perhaps the louder exhaust on newer cars isn't down to the back box?), or that the same model has been updated.

I guess I'll find out on Saturday when they're fitted!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yep, interesting. It’s probably way more complex than I realise. I once asked about a part for the dash of a 2010 Octavia - a replacement grab handle on a Scout.

They asked for the reg as apparently there were numerous slightly different dash options for the 2010 model. Surprised me to be fair.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Good mate been working, only done 100 miles exhaust sounds wicked waiting for my Stinger badge to come, but I'm leaving the front and wheels Kia ones on this time, hopefully the weather will improve dying to wash and HD wax it (y)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts