Kia Owners Club Forum banner

New Sporty Arrived

6K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  noublue 
#1 ·
Hi
Collected my 1.6 gdi gt line s dct yesterday so it's early days getting used to the dct but I'm sure I will learn to love it & will keep you all posted.
First impressions... Love the Lunar Silver and disappointed no spare wheel!! 
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Kia sportage

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
Just in case anyone is interested in this kind of stuff my sporty has just been professionally detailed by Pride & Performance in Leyland Lancs.
It's had a gyeon ceramic coating applied to all exterior surfaces and the alloys too which are taken of the car to do the backs.
The gyeon coating will last for 24months plus easily by using there products to wash it with no polishing required.
Nick has done a fantastic job as he always does this the third car he's done for me and the finish is outstanding.

Attachments

#15 ·
Just joined the forum, we took delivery of our dark penta metal 4 1.6t-gdi dct last week, but had been considering a GT-Line S, yours looks great in lunar silver.

You mention no spare wheel, I just checked this morning and notice ours doesnt have one either. Do you know why? The brochures say it should have one...

#16 ·
You will find that while this years brochures and specification sheets show all the petrol models with a spare wheel kit, the specifications on the web site and click the down chevron (not the Download Specifications link) on the 'Storage, Versatility & Interior Lighting' section show a Tyre Mobility Kit on all Sportage variants. Kia Customer Services have already been asked about this and it has been confirmed, although no reason was given.
Kia's get out, like all manufacturers, is the clause in the small print that states 'specifications can change'.

#19 ·
I no longer own a Sportage but after taking delivery of my Honda HRV in January, I purchased an official Honda space saver wheel for £160, there was space for it where the spare used to be. Presumably there would be room for one in a petrol Sportage? I got it for a discounted price on the Honda HRV forum. Like you I hate the idea of a tyre repair kit!

#22 ·
Had a look in my local dealer a few weeks ago, brand new CDi GT-line with 19" alloys comes with a 17" space saver - the rolling diameter must be similar. As an aside with the space saver in place you couldn't move the boot floor to the lower level as the wheel sits too high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.