Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one noticed the seats lowering themselves on their own?.

I have raised my drivers side seat nearly as high as I can so I can see the front of the bonnet. But over time - a week- it gently sinks back down when it is sat in. You notice it as the rear mirror view changes!

My dealer has said yes we know about that. It comes from you 'touching' the lever as you get into the car.

I think that would be very difficult as its 2/3" lower than the seat and set back towards the rear of the seat on the side, so you would have to be climbing in very oddly!! My response so far has been c***. His was, humour me

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
289 Posts
He is probably right.If you take note you tend to catch the lever with the back of your right thigh after you have sat on the seat and lifting your right leg in.If you are the only one who drives best bet would be to take the lever off.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will double check but i think the lever is low enough for that not to happen if you sit into the seat itself rather than slide in from the sides

·
Registered
197 Posts
This was a problem too with the older model when they went from knurled knobs (!!) to a lever - lots of complaints and the only solution was to reverse the lever. Sometimes the older models do things better - like having properly folding flat seats - and everyone loves these features so it surprises me when they are deleted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ive checked and as most people slide off the seat the side bolster comes down and pushes the lever down, climb in and out a dozen times and the seat is well down, im sure an updated lever wont be far away

·
Registered
433 Posts
i posted about this problem some weeks ago after having the same issue with my ceed, the ceed issue was resolved by replacing the mechanism which was a known fault apparently, as far as the sportage is concerned i am assured by my dealer its because of the seat cushion compressing as you get in and out and the lever being pushed down. tall people who have the seat in the lower positions dont seem to have any problems. I have looked at this and have to agree as to cause of the problem ,the only solution it seems would be to reposition the handle if that were possible

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not sure how you would reposition the handle because I only got as far as tightening it up. Getting to the screws that hold it on is a sinch. Pop the plastic cover off using a small screw driver and this reveals two (can't remember exactly what) allen or star headed screws. Beyond that you would need to put your thinking cap on.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you remove the plastic cap and the 2 allen screws holding the lever it can be turned 180 degrees and refitted although it intrudes into rear footwell if seat is far back.It really needs some sort of cranked handle to solve this but until Kia come up with something.For those cars that only have 1 driver why not set your seat height then remove the handle altogether.

·
Registered
682 Posts
As John 123 says I totaly agree, change your seat lever to the rear facing and all your problems will go away.
Had new lever fitted, wast of time & money by Kia.

Bob

·
Registered
433 Posts
I found a thread on the russian Kia club website about this and some people on there have got round the problem by removing the handle and heating it up until the plastic is plyable enough to bend the handle down, it was also suggested to re drill the bolt holes, but this would depend on the strength of the plastic and position of any reinforcment in the handle and as i have not taken the handle off i don't know if this is a practical solution.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts