Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning, I currently run a 2016 First Edition and having previously owned a Jaguar 3.0 XFS, I was quite prepared to very snobby about about it and tell everybody the Kia was the wifes choice. However, soon became quite a convert. Absolutely loaded with all the bells & whistles the Jag had plus more. I am now attempting to extend my PCP for the Kia waiting for the next model to arrive. Does anybody have any gen about when it is due or know of any websites with information or spy shots of any design work that may have been carried out? One thing I really like about the current model which I hope they carry over, is the size of the rear doors, that slope rearwards with the line of the seat backs, rather than forward like most other cars. Cheers in anticipation.

·
Registered
749 Posts
As it happens I was wondering about that, did some searching and found Kia's Media Site. Looking at that the 2021 Sportage is going to be the same as the current model. with some tweaks and engine changes. Beyond that I can't find anything that suggests a new model, although this Autocar Article suggests there are a raft of new Kia models in the pipeline.

·
Registered
303 Posts
This looks like another facelift, not an all new model, like the dash layout but as for the front end I will bite my tongue.
Looks like 2023 before an all new Sportage.

Reactions: mr.macspot

·
Super Moderator
2,945 Posts
Believe the 2021 has a larger 10 screen & Uvo connect as well as some other changes.
So it is just a tweek of the old version.
No idea when a real new version is planned. But expect that if it is, it will possibly be more Eco friendly that the only current of the mild hybrid.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I wish Kia would get away from having the rear indicators so low. Many a time the car behind is too close to see that I have them on and intend to turn. I know it is the other drivers fault, but Kia there is a solution!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts