Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we have just bought a new Kia Sportage and are having trouble streaming music from an iphone 4 through the bluetooth. I have successfully paired the iphone 4 and can use the phone through the bluetooth but when I play music on the iphone and press cd/aux it says no media.

Has anyone been able to stream an iphone 4with a Kia Sportage 2 1.7 CRDi (not sat nav)?

Thanks and great forum.
Edited by: FloFlo71

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iphone has 4.3.2 firmware.

I paired the phone and it seems to be working fine for handsfree calls but cannot get it to stream the music. I have been trying to find info on it and some people have said they have had to use airplay to get it to stream, is that what you are using?

·
Registered
260 Posts
If you search my post on this exact issue you'll see it's not possible with what you have.

It is possible but not with your head unit unless future firmware fixes it. Sorry.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Apologies, at the same time I know there are different head u it's on different models and some have managed this issue so hopefully someone will be along soon who can help but the threads will answer some questions for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol, I bought airplayer £2.99, have I just wasted my money. Phone is pretty new too,as you can probably tell. How do I find airplay on my phone - I just assumed it was an app I needed?

·
Registered
296 Posts
its not in any settings menu it is just an icon that appearsin the bott right when its connected to a paired bluetooth or wifi object best bet is to start the car let the unit pair with phone ( bluetooth icon should apear on head unit )
now that that is done try playing some music on your phone the air icon should now be next to your play-pause button---- press it a pop up list of connected devices should appear press sportage
now with a bit of luck the audio should now be streaming
i was on 4.2 when i did the video im just hopeing apple have not changed anything i will re connect to my dads car later this week prob thurs when i see him but that will prove my firmware thoughts
good luck
youv got me started im going to try and get video running threw the monitor now as seen here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-7pHSatfYY

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No airplay iconwas coming up on my iphone 4. I have the option to update to 4.3,might give it another try and then update andtry again if it doesn't work.Edited by: FloFlo71

·
Registered
260 Posts
You will need Apple TV or something to get the Airplay icon to come up but remember its wifi, not bluetooth.

Ian's been luck and you might need to check his firmware version on the car. Ian whatever you do don't update your iphone firmware ever LOL.

When Apple updated the firmware to the lates version they changed the permissions. If you have 4.2 like Ian you might manage it but I'm on 4.3 and as we know its difficult to revert to a previous version as Apple don't allow it (it can be done though).

Ian if I'm ever thru your way I'm going to see if your 3GS works on my satnav. And I saw that youtube to allow video streaming, I have that white lead but not the other - its still helluva messy - there must be another lead that does all that?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
IT WORKED!!!!!! Thank you Craig, can't wait to go on a long drive now and try out all the other features.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts