Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collected my new Sorento KX3 SatNav Auto today from NMG in Norwich. First impressions are excellent. Tremendous service from NMG. Now I have to do 1200 miles before towing my Sterling solitaire caravan.I will endeavour to keep the site updated with towing behaviour and fuel consumptioins

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, sounds like we have the same model, only done 400 miles but I am struggling to get any where near the fuel consumption figures stated by KIA, How are you finding the fuel consumption

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
I have just completed 500 miles,and the trip computer is showing 39.2 MPG the 1st fill up tank to tank was nearer 36 mpg. I am impressed so far

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have a KX3 manual. It gets about 45mpg on the motorways (60-65mph) & gets about 38mpg towing. Towing is not brillaint as the caravan tends too swing alot. I have opted to put the back row of seats down and fill the boot with gear to get more weight in the car. It is better when I do this, but defeats the idea of a 7 seater really.
Around town I tend to get 33mpg which is a great improvement over the old big boy sorrento (57 plate) that I used to have. Unfortunately this KX3 is not as good at towing.

By the way I am now having a few clutch problems so beware!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts