Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following all the problems Ihave had with my new 2011 Sorento (see my other post re paint issues) the car is now stuck in either Park or Reverse (its an auto box). It seems that when you make any quick changes between the gears the box will not allow you to engage either Park or Reverse and if it does allow this, you then can't get back to Drive. Does anyoene have any suggestions as its going back to the dealer tomorrow. Its spent more time there lately than with me. Only just had its initial service, but I am hoping that there is no connection.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have a kx3 auto.no issues with the gearbox so far.but i dont use the manual sttings.just put it in drive and the gearbox does the rest even when towing my 1600kg caravan.had to have a new diesel tank in october,because when i filled up i left a pool of diesel on the floor.turned out to be the top of the tank was distorted where the sender unit went in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. When I said quick changes, I just meant moving from Drive to Park or Reverse, not using the tiptronic. I also now have the hill decent and traction control lights permanently on, so going back to the dealer today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts