Kia Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new DVD as the Rosen one was playing up.
Thought Id post a few piccys how I did it. Pretty easy really.

Old Rosen DVD removed but mounting plate left in place.

Here is the new DVD mounting plate, I measured it up against the rosen unit to find the screw holes, then drilled it in 4 places.

Here is the new DVD mounting plate, I measured it up against the rosen unit to find the screw holes, then drilled it in 4 places.

fitted the mounting plate to the old rosen mounting to check my measurements were correct!

Then removed the plate and wired in the Red/Yellow and Black wires. (I didnt connect the blue as the blue in the rosen loom is 12volt and the new dvd needs earth for the dome lights, the dome lights work via the switch on the new DVD anyway) The green wire for the FM modulator I ran as far forward inside the roof lining as I could reach. I insulated all connectors with tape to avoid any short circuits when all fitted, then refitted the plate with the grommet in place.

Finally fitted the DVD with the 6 screws and powered up!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, very impressed with it, includes headphones and games controller all for £84, bargin me thinks.
Just trying to get rid of the 'mark' in the roof lining from the old unit, it is gradually going.

I was going to connect an old xbox, but I'm thinking of maybe getting a DVD/satnav for the front.
pity its not a double din :(

Found one that includes digital tv aswell as bluetooth phone for £268! that ship from the EU so no customs charges
Its a chinese one, unbranded, so not sure at the min... mmmm

Edited by: m623d

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi i've just installed a unit same as your's all working ok until i wanted too lock the doors remote fob won't work key lock's door but not fob i haven't used any other wiring when't staight from dvd too cig socket with supplied cable in passenger side near rear speaker
BB

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nice tidy job - Thanks for going to the trouble of posting the pictures - a nice 'How To'. The indents from the old will disappear over time as the roof liner material reforms back to original shape. Don't rub it too much as you will cause it to wear.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Right. It's done. New one bought from eBay, 9" screen withtwo pairs of IR headphones and a game controller for£88 inc free postage. 2 hours to fit, works superbly, sound through its own speakers, headphones or even through the car stereo. Brilliant.

Thanks for this thread, it made the job really easy, and it solved the problem of the lights stuck on unless switched from the dashboard too.

If anyone wants my old Rosen A7 unit for spares, comlete with manual, it's going begging. It works with IR headphones (tested before removing) but the picture quality is poor, like it's set too dark and the colours too strong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.