Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My name is Marcin andI'm a graphic designer based in Edinburgh.
I just bought my Kia Rio Graphite (1.5 CRDi).
What a lovely car!

Marcin.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hi Marcin great to have you on board. I too have a Rio diesel and its a great wee car. I'm over in the west coast (renfrewshire) so I will get the rain first.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forum Marcin from one newbie to another. Never mind the weather in Edinburgh, it is the girls you need to be worried about!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Marcin,

I too am new to the forum!
Yesterday we made a deal with the local Kia dealer to purchase a Graphite 1.5 in part-ex of our 3 1/2 yr old Rio LS 1.5 (only because the 7yr warranty had puppy eyes! The car is still amazing even though out of warranty!).
I wondered how many weeks you had to wait - we have been advised an 8 week?!
Also does it have a rear armrest as seen in a vague picture in the Rio brochure or is this an optional extra?
We haven't even seen one, so really looking forward to it arriving!
If you have any feedback on your Graphite so far we would love to hear it.

Regards

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your purchase and I hope your happy with the car.

Keep us informed and any questions please ask (we may also not know but hey)
RD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys, feedback on my Rio Graphite, received in May.Waiting time before delivery was nearer 12 weeks when ordered inFebruary, maybe better now as scrappage is no longer.
The graphite model has almost all the goodies, remote central locking, 4 electric windows, indicators on mirrors, sporty interior, front spotlights etc etc.
Regards the armrest - there is one on the drivers seat which can get in the way of working the handbrake, but it can be put up out of the way.
The first thing I noticed on picking up my car was the horrible cheap looking dials to work the heating/ a/c controls, red plastic. This is in marked contrast to the chromed interior door handles which have a real quality feel.
The indicators/lights are reversed from "normal", but seemingly the same as all theJapanesecars. You can get used to this and it does make you concentrate more!
Overall a very nippy car, although I do find that driving in town I have to be in third gear a lot of the time, as 30 mph is only about 1200/1300 revs in top. Nice cruiser on the motorway.
Very good value for money!
Interested to hear other views from yourself once you receive yours, and other Graphite drivers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts