Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone. I am a newbie and took possesion of a new Kia Rio 1.25 2 5door in white on Tuesaday. Great looking car, however after one day the radio/media display completelydissapeared although the radio still works but notthe CD. I have to take it in to be looked at next Tueday. Also dashboardrattles when onrough roads (which is most of them). Not a great start and I hope that it not going to be start of thing to come.

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,227 Posts
Welcome to the forum Archavist. There are several other forum members whoown the new Rio who also complain about a noisy dashboard, in fact I think there is a poll just started, and it seems the American versionsalso have the same problem. Hopefully Kia will now know how to fix it for you under warranty.

Phil

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi Archavist, Yes make sure you use our problems poll in the Rio section of the forum.

With regards to your radio issue, if the screen has gone off but the sound is still working, you may have accidentally pressed the 'DISP' button which is to the right of the CD in-try. This turns off the display for drivers who wish to be less distracted at night. Sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs but its the first thing that springs to mind for me.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hi Archavist welcome to the forum.. sorry to hear about your problems mate. It does seem a common fault this dashboard rattle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts