Kia Owners Club Forum banner

New Rio (MY21) - Android Auto Wireless?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  sambartle 
#1 ·
Anyone got the new Rio (MY21) version yet?

I'm collecting mine on Tuesday and wondering if I Need to buy a new cable for AA.

The website doesn't mention Wireless Car Play or Android Auto.. but the Dealer briefing/pre-release info from when I ordered (before it was on the website or Kia systems) it does show Wireless for both.. so not sure if it does or not?

Anyone got one and can confirm?

#5 · (Edited)
I spoke to someone who seemed to know what they were on about at Kia UK.. apparently the hardware supports it (which is why it works on the same hardware everywhere else).. but Kia are waiting for KIA Europe to sort out the software.

Annoyingly you can't update the software yourself either on euro or UK models (USA, Canada, NZ, aus, korea basically everywhere else can for free online. )

They reckon a dealer should be able to update it sometime this year to enable it. (Though UK dealers charge for updates)

It's terrible really as the Uvo connected system means the car is basically running a modem.. and if a critical security vulnerability was found (especially since Uvo can remote unlock the car)... You can't update it, and Kia will charge you to do it if you can find a dealer who can figure it out.

Equally annoying is the NZ and aus updates for the gen5w system seem to have the Europe modem code in them suggesting they are very similar if not identical.. but it's all encrypted so I haven't been able to try fixing it myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.