Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just received delivery of my new Rio Graphite last friday, (1.5 diesel) 15th May, waited 13 weeks!

Its a mk3 seemingly with the new grill +, seems quite nippy! Good spec as well -apart from the very cheap looking red plastic heating and ventilation controls!

Traded in a mk3 golf vr6, so pleasently surprised with the Rio.

Ordered some mats via "simply car mats" the only one to offerthem for the mk3 - different hook pattern than the mk2 apparantly - not arrived as yet so wait to see quality.

Looking at the possibility of remappingor using a plug in box -saw Davy's posts, looks interesting.

Might also look at lowering, but concerned about the warranty - probably talk to my local dealer.

Lookingfor some form of boot liner, but prefer some sort of rubber tray type rather than anything flimsier anyone got any ideas, other than from Kia themselves?

Regards

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi there.

Glad your happy with the Rio.

I would have thought it would be a climb down for you from a vr6 Golf
(in terms of build quality and performance).

Yes the diesels are deceptively quick.
Maybe its to do with 90Bhp per ton (which is not bad for a diesel).

Since you have a brand new Rio (the 2010 Rio looks better imho) don't worry about fuel consumption for now as the engine will bed in.

i found this out with my Rio and it took up till 20k miles to get some decent mpg figures.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hi Shanngi welcome to the club. I have had my 06 Rio diesel a year now and I still think its a great wee car. Mines done 25K miles now and mpg is great performance is quick for the size of engine especially with the tuning box. Obviously it wont be as rapid as your old VR6 but I bet mpg will be alot better. Cheaper insurance and road tax at £30 compared to £205.

I wish you all the best with the new Rio.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Looking forward to using the car, and will keep it standard for the time being to see what it will do.

Should work out much cheaper to run.

Look forward to checking the forum postings for usefull info,

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts