Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just passed a 1000 miles in my Rio 2,,purchased in January, only one query is the noise from the exhaust manifold,quite intrusive.......Getting 35 mpg round town.

·
Registered
328 Posts
1939, what engine type is it ?

I wouldn't worry too much at the moment regarding the fuel economy.
This will improve as the weather gets better and the engine beds in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry....Petrol.....Also I see the prices have gone up!! I paid £6499 OTRfor a Rio 2.....(I traded in under scrappage my 1996 Laguna ) A Rio 1 was £5499 but now priced at £6155!!!!!Up£650 in 6 weeks!!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes, I also did hear about the price increases.

Other car makers (cough cough Ford) have increased their prices five times in the past 12 months.
The new ford fiesta costs over 12k now

So when comparing like for like, the Rio still comes out on top.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Take it back to dealer about the manifold noise there could be a leaking gasket. After all its still under warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks....I did query the *roar* with the salesman when I took the car back in when the number plates fell off.!! Yes ,stuck on ,now screwed !! he saidthe noisewas normal..He has now left..!I will try again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi all ive had a rio for a year now 18k on clock very disapointed with it tried to sell it back but they offeredpeanuts for it crap on petrol and noise from rear end, had a picanto for 5 years before this not a single problem and 85k on clock would swop it back today. upgrade my arse

1 - 8 of 8 Posts