Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, 2 weeks ago I took delivery of the above new vehicle, wow, some car for the money,I have done about 1000 miles without a problem, on sunday morning I started up in the normal way in my garage and set my tom tom for the journey, I could not beleive in two minutes sitting still
I could not see my way clear for thick blue smoke. So every time I start from now I look for smoke and its there every time I start up.
I took the car in to Kia garage in Shrewsbury where I was told this is a common problem for this CRDI diesel engine, I can not accept this as an answer, other diesel engines dont do this

ITS GOT TO BE A DESIGN FAULT your comments will help.

You dont buy a new car and expect this kind of problem, I WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS WITH KIA.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Orange are you new to diesel engines?
Any new mechanical machinary will take some time to settle down and bed in.

the new CRDI diesel engine can take 20,000 miles before it is run in!!!!

As the mornings are now getting colder the engine management systems will give the unit more fuel to fire up the engine and if your engine is new it may over fuel it, and thats where the smoke comes from.

But I think your model is fitted with the DPF unit which will burn off that sotty rubbish after 300 miles!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts