Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2011 1.6 crdi 3 Kia approved in flame red collected a week ago I am generaly pleased ish I bought the car to try and reduce my overall motoring costs a good looking car but there are a few things that could be better, listen up Kia the bluetooth is almost pointless, the description on the website is misleading according to the kiawebsite I can access my phonebook on my HTC wildfire please explain how to do this I can't even make an outgoing call apart from last dialled. MPG 60+ combined according to KIA well according to my trip computer it struggles to get above 42MPG combined and I have driven very carefully not going over 2000 rpm my previous car a Mondeo 1.8 TDCI estate gave me 48mpg combined with ease not sure if there maybe a problemshould I give it the benefit of my obvious doubt.
Help please or some reasurance

Happy motoring.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome.

Agreed, the two things you point out ring true in my experience too. I have the same car - only the hatchback version.

""¢ Yes, the Bluetooth is useless if you want to phone someone... basically you can't unless it is the last number you dialled.

""¢ Yes, the mpg is quite a bit off the claimed 60+, I've covered 3k miles and average about 46mpg from a tank. To be fair though, I am doing medium runs to/from work - 14 miles each way on dual carriageway and B roads. Reckon if I took it on a longer journey this would improve. Also the car needs time to run in - can take a good year or two before you start seeing the mpg figures improve.

My only other gripe is that the interior lights don't come on automatically when you remove the key from ignition - something so simple yet so nice, and I've always taken for granted on my previous cars.

On the plus side though, my motoring costs have been reduced exactly as I wished for. £30 road tax v £260 on last car, 48mpg v 31mpg on last car, 490miles from a tank v 300miles or less on last car, a 7 year warranty v no warranty remaining on last car. It has all the toys and safety kit I want and none of the pointless gadgets that you don't need.... all in all I am very very pleased with it.

It looks gorgeous in white along with my private plate on it and what surprises me is just how much attention it gets. I thought I would just blend into the crowd, but people look at it as they aren't a very common sight. People have asked me if they can take a look at it as they are curious about 'Kia's', then they asked me about the 7 year warranty... "is that real?".

I feel just as good driving my 'C apostrophe D' as I did rollin' in da Benz

Edited by: micman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks micman
That was going to be my other point also, the interior lights not coming on when the engine is turned off, a small point but these small things make a difference andappear on most other cars these days. Auto door locking also appears to be absent.

Cheers.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi not a Cee'd owner but have the new Rio and find it strange that the 2 things missing are on the Rio Autolocking & Interior lights coming on when removing the key,also have Bluetooth prob's with my HTC Desire and just stream music at the moment not to bothered tho' maybe there's a software upgrade?,i too feel people are curious of this car some even a bit jealous

Edited by: Armac08

·
Registered
536 Posts
Same with the pro_ceed 4. It has the full phone book on screen from your phone and can even save mine and the wife's phone book just incase her phones paired and she doesn't have a number that I want to ring. Saves swapping over to my phone. If I plug my phone in via cable you can only charge it and stream music which is anoying having to mess around turning Bluetooth on to make a call. One thing I have noticed though it when streaming music via BT the track name on the head unit doesn't change as the music track does. Anyway I had a htc hd 2 for well over 18months and in that time it NEVER once paired with any ones phone, pc, laptops...not even a bluetooth headset. Even sent it off to be repaired and got a £15 charge for not having anything wrong with it. Best phone I ever had, but the Bluetooth was bloody useless. I sure the interior light comes on and the auto locking is great. I will agree on the MPG though, it does seam that the breaking in process makes a lot of difference to range over time. Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
326 Posts
My Pro 4 has done 11'000 miles , I never use a phone in the car & would never , so no idea about the bluetooth capability . As for mpg , I can get 50 to 52 showing as average on my commute to work which is 25 miles each way on mainlyA roads but some stop starting thrown in . But to do this I have to drive in a particular way , which involves acccerating quite quickly in lower gears up to 50 -60 then trying to keep a constant speed in 5th / 6th with gentle throtle control and anticipating slowing without using the brakes (which is just wasting fuel) . I'm sure that as the weather warms up and I'm not using the lights and climate control as much I could possibly do better but I think the combined of 62 is pretty much impossible . But love the car for it's looks , comfort , toys & £30 / year road tax .

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi, thanks for your feedback

Armac08 - I am not surprised the new Rio has these features, it is the latest model to join the range where as the Ceed on the other hand is an outgoing model. There is a new Ceed coming this year 2012 which I have no doubt will include and have improved on the features mentioned. The new Rio is indeed a good looking and impressive car - I would have been tempted myself only I wanted 5 doors and a decent size boot, the Rio's boot was just a tad too small for me.

RichieD76 - You are right the Pro-Ceed 4 does have a better system to use the phone etc - this is also now mirrored in the Ceed 4 which joined the 5-door hatchback range in November 2011 with the bigger screen in the centre. The point I think we were getting at is that the system in the rest of the range is sold as hands-free bluetooth connectivity with steering wheel controls, when in fact to make a call you would need to pick up your phone and select a number to dial first unless that person happened to be the last number dialled. It is just a tad annoying that it doesn't let you access your phone book and scroll to the person to call. To be honest it's not the end of the world to me as I don't spend all my time driving around and needing to make calls for work etc, but for someone who does this would become a big issue.

·
Registered
536 Posts
oh sorry now i get what you mean. What you've got to think of the car as is a giant bluetooth headset. Answer and put down, turn volume up and down. Thats all they really are, apart from the mic's near your head and the speakers are the ear piece. Even though i have the 4 and had all the options...i still dont use it so were the same really. The only button that should be used on a phone while driving it the off button!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Agree with you, I'm driving - not trying to make phone calls. It isn't a big deal to me.

It is handy being able to answer a call if you want to accept it - the screen does at least tell you who is calling and you can answer safely using the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i couldn't get the bluetooth to transfer files (contact numbers) with my android phone. my son suggested the app (he has a seat - same issue). with app installed no issue at all with contacts being transferred, plus music etc.Its free so there is no harm done if you install it.

Ill post a piccy when I can work out how to?

Edited by: Bazabaza

·
Registered
31 Posts
yep - thats the one. Couldn't get my android phone to communicate without it. Might be others on market now, haven't checked.
Has to be running in background, so re-run if change rom, restart phone etc.Edited by: Bazabaza

1 - 17 of 17 Posts