Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per the title, my MG ZT-T gets replaced by a Pro-Ceed next Wednesday. It will have a lot to live up too, but based on the test drive it seems to be off to a good start. Edited by: ZTTMAN

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi ZTTMAN,
I have never driven a zt-t but i have come from a focus st3 and am more than pleased with my pro_cee'd.

I'm sure you'll be well pleased with your new pro, they are great to drive and get quite a lot of attention from passers-by.

Was your zt-t petrol or diesel engined?

What colour is your pro, and is it new or ex-demo?

Don't forget to pop back with some piccies and first impressions once you get settled into your new car.

Sorry for all the questions........enquiring minds and all that.....

Hope all goes well on wednesday.

jamie

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My ZT-T was (still is until Wednesday) a petrol 2.5 V6 160bhp.

The Pro-Ceed is a new but pre-registered 1.6 113bhp in Mars Red. It may have done a couple of demos as it has around 25 miles on the clock. I did around 7 of those miles on a test run and found it very pleasing. Having not driven a brand new car for around 5 years, I thought it was perhaps typical of todays offerings until I drove a virtually new Corsa courtesy car the next day. Talk about chalk and cheese!

·
Registered
100 Posts
With that sort of mileage, you're probably the only driver apart for delivery personel.
Mars red is very pretty, and suits the pro well.........i would have probably chosen that colour myself if i had been buying brand new, but most of the first demo models seem to have been in black.......oh well, just meens i have to wash her more often

As regards the drive, i would say that they are above average compared to other similar cars available at the moment.

Good luck, and roll-on next wednesday......

jamie
Edited by: goldfish66

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I picked it up as scheduled and all seems well. First impressions are good and it seems to be a good follow up to the ZT-T. Main things I need to get used to are the lighter braking and steering.

I think the only disappointment so far is rear seat access. I don't know why, but I expected the back tilt and seat slide to be a single operation without the need to readjust the seat position afterwards.
If I had a second criticism it would be the owners manual. There is so much of it, and it mostly explains how to use options and features I don't have! A bit of customisation would have been good. After reading through all those pages I still couldn't find where it told me what spare bulb types (as opposed to wattages) I need...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi again, glad to hear all went well with your change of car. And that you are generaly well pleased with your new pro_cee'd.
I had a few "moments" with the brakes during the first couple of days but soon settled down, the steering however under normal driving conditions is quite similar in weight and feel to my Focus but the extra assistance at parking speeds to some getting used to.

The seats are supposed to return to the original position after tilting but as with my 3 door focus the system doesn't seem to work.........not really a major issue for me as i hardly ever carry passengers in the back, but still annoying after hoovering the back of the pro out.

Which bulbs did you want to know about, i can probably check them out for you if it helps.

When you make it to 10 posts or more you can post some pic's of your new pro for us to drool over, or if you dont want to wait i could pm you my email addy, and i'll host them for you and post them up here (with reg no blanked out).

Which options are you without that you would have ordered if you had the choice?

All the best..........jamie

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not so much that I'm missing options that I would have desired, as a complaint that manual is confusing by trying to be everything to everyone. In trying to cover 3 door, 5 door, and estate plus every theoretically possible option fit it is a substantial read, and not always clear which bits refer to which model.

In this day and age of printing it shouldn't be rocket science to produce a manual that is specific to Pro-Ceed and only options offered in UK.

In terms of options that I would find desirable, then ideally I would spec the car with rear parking sensors, rain sensing wipers, and auto-dimming rear view mirror, but overall I'm happy with what I have.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree that the auto dimming rear view mirror would be nice, but had auto wipers on the focus and am glad to be back to proper intermittent wipers......perhaps i'm just old fashioned
I have to admit, i've not looked at the manual as yet

My fave extra with the Kia is the usb port and extra 12v supply for mp3 player.

·
Registered
3 Posts
_popupControl();
Hi everyone,
I have a cee.d SW 1.6 CRDi LS, and was very impressed with the usb port, but am having difficulty in finding a mp3 that will be compatible with it, any idea's

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Lynlewis, I am using the Philips "go gear" 2Gb mp3 player and it works very well, however i can only skip/go back through the tracks using the steering wheel controls.
Whilst connected using a standard usb cable i cannot access any of the controls on the player itself. Alternatively if i connect using the 3.5mm connector i can use the volume/equalizer/menu functions on the player itself, but not control it using the steering wheel controls.

The lead provided with your car is only designed to work with i-pod players (not the shuffle-as that would only connect via the 3.5mm)

Your choice really any mp3 player with usb connection will work in your SW but make sure it either comes with a usb lead, or buy one to fit.

If you want any further advice let us know..........jamie

·
Registered
3 Posts
_popupControl();
Thanks Jamie,
Thats a great help for for a girl who is new to all this technical stuff. I am really chuffed with my new Kia, one day I will read the book properly!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Book........What book?????

Oh yes i am a proper bloke........dont do manuals........just keep fiddlin and swearing till it works

Glad to help..........jamie.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyway, back to the original post before I got hijacked by Girlies talking about Gizmos (I don't mind really).

The first couple of weeks with the Pro-Ceed have been pretty good so far and overall the car has been very impressive. However... I did have a glitch yesterday morning where the car lost power and simply refused to rev beyond 2,800. There was no obvious misfire or stuttering that others seem to have had, and it hasn't repeated since.

The local dealer thinks its the same problem though, and they are going to download the revised software on Thursday morning. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi matey, sorry to hear about your little "glitch" hopefully the update will fix it.....
Good to hear that you are otherwise well pleased with your pro and not missing the ztt too much.

How's the fuel consumption comparing?

atb......jamie.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well. I took the car into the dealer this morning and they downloaded the revised tune. They also reproduced the fault, and the diagnostic showed up as low fuel pressure, so may or may not be tune related. Anyway, we will see how we go! The revised tune seems to have improved both refinement and driveability so it was worth doing anyway.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That's gotta be a first, these faults never usually show whilst with the dealer, let's hope it can easily be fixed if it's not a software glitch.
Sounds like the software update was well worth it anyway.......very good news

It would appear thatyou have one of the better dealerships.....which one do you use if you dont mind me asking?

jamie
Edited by: goldfish66

·
Registered
33 Posts
ZTTMAN, have you taken your car into Kia Warwick?? The technician I spoke to this morning said he'd had a Pro in with a misfire/judder problem over the past day or so .... just wondered as your profile says you're in the Midlands!!!???
LYNLEWIS ........ most usb connected MP3 players will plug straight into the socket in the car ... I've got an Ipod which works very well but Claire(other half) has a Sony NWDB105B Which works great if you just want something simple..... just plug it into your'puter, open theopen the file and drag n drop your music into the window!!! done, dusted in no time!!!!!!They're about £32 at Amazon ... Dixons(if they have any stock)is £25.49 + £5 carriage .... http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/store/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdadeeidleddjcflgceggdhhmdfhj.0&page=SimpleSearchProducts&low_bound=0&up_bound=0&criterion=Sony%20NWDB105B&AtimeStamp=3392556481

Good luck with whatever you decide on ......... Jamie's Philips unit is a good choice too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jamie & StevieP. Yes, I bought the car from Warwick Kia who so far seem to be a decent outfit, with friendly staff who are genuinely interested.

My problem with failure to rev past 2,800 has unfortunately re-appeared despite the tune download so I will need to talk to them again. The tune download for the 1.6 diesel is certainly worthwhile though as it smooths out the powerband and makes the car even more driveable.
Doing an internet search reveals that my problem has occured on the "sister" Hyundai i30 and has been put down to air bubbles trapping in the fuel filter and then releasing into the injection rail at a certain flow. This apparently causes a "low pressure" fault which puts the car into "limp home" mode. This would tie in with Warwick Kia picking up a low pressure fault indication on mine. A revised filter is apparently the solution.

I've e-mailed them with what I've found, and await their response once they have spoken to Kia. Thankfully it isn't critical as the car is still driveable, and everything normalises once you stop the engine and re-start.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts