Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new here

I've just ordered my new Picanto Equinox, had a look in the brochure and it says it has a heated steering wheel. Before I signed the papers I asked if it has heated seats too, the salesman said yes. I'm happy and I sign. However after looking online at the spec list I find out that only the halo model has this? I've phoned them up twice and they haven't been able to answer me. They've just said they aren't sure any more due to the difference in the brochure and online.
I've looked on auto trader and there is no mention of the heated seats on any equinox models for sale. So I'm guessing I'm right in assuming it doesn't have it? I'm not sure at what point they were planning on breaking this news as I signed the papers on the understanding it has the features.

I'm just wondering if any Equinox owners can confirm this for me.

Anyway still planning to go ahead with it, I like the idea of a halo but the colour is not my thing at all. Really don't like the look of it. But also don't understand why they are the same price but the halo seems to have a lot more going for it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi,

I'm not an Equinox owner but I have sat in one and I can confirm that unfortunately they do not have heated seats as standard.

I still think they are good looking highly spec'd motors and I guess it comes down to whether you want the sporty look with the stop/start button or the higher spec'd Halo.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I play rugby and I generally love the cold weather but if I didn't have heated seats I think I would cry like a small child!

·
Registered
525 Posts
davy said:
Heated seats heated seats, come on guys toughen up its the UK we live in not the Artic circle.

Its getting to be that cold in yorkshire you could be forgiven for thinking its the arctic!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not too fussed about the heated seats or steering wheel, it's just annoying that the brochure says it has it and the website says no. They need to sort it out really.

Been to test drive one today and I am so in love with it I've forgotten about the seats completely.

Can't wait to pick it up on the 30th of March

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an equinox and no it does not have heated seats or steering wheel, I was also told it did have these items as standard. Not sure why they decided to put these items in the halo which has cloth seats?? seems a bit daft to me but I suspect its probably just a case of fitting a switch and enabling function via computer as in most cases the wiring is already there. not a huge issue for me as my wife drives the picanto and my other car has heated seats!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I also have a equinox , great choice of car there loverly motors you won't be dissapointed . I'm very pleased with Mine & my gf loves it too she drives it most of the time , and it takes some abuse as she's not the best of drivers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts