Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have you gat a new picanto if so come on give the guys a review direct from the owners point of view

i have driven a few and have my opioion but would be good to hear from someone's who spent there hard earned money on one

and did you take out the TLC service package?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hi Viking Paul, I am completely new to the forum (signed up today) and have today just purchased a new Kia Picanto 2 in black, taking delivery on Tuesday and will post a review as soon as I have had a chance to drive it. I purchased the car without the need for a test drive, was won over by all the good reviews from the press and viewing the car at my local dealership. Haven't taken out the service package as yet but probably will in the not too distant future as it looks very good value
regards dilus

·
Registered
543 Posts
I know puppa , your giving me to much
it's going to be shared with me and my gf but I hope she doesn't like a boot
We went half each on the little babby . So within a few weeks after I've got it I will know how things come off lol ie door cards radio etc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Viking PaulGot my New Picanto 4 weeks ago now and find it a great car to drive, doing a bit of mileage up and down the motorway at preasantand find it very good with no problem cruising along, i took out the service package and I think its good value for money.

Only gotone problem at themoment and that is I can't get any roof bars to fit it, so cannot get to carry our bikes, i dont think they have made any yet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Darrac said:
Only gotone problem at themoment and that is I can't get any roof bars to fit it, so cannot get to carry our bikes, i dont think they have made any yet.

They are advertised on the Kia Website thoughaint they ???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes they are on the web site, been in touch today and although they have a part number for them, they are as yet not in stock, so will just have to keep ringing up and hopefully I will not have to wait long.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well I have only driven it for about 15 miles so far (too busy at work) but I am sold. I should add at this point that it is the first time in 25 years of driving that I have ever purchased a brand new car. The purchase could not have been easier or more friendly through my local Kia dealership (Warwick Kia) from initial enquiry to taking delivery was 3 weeks and the process could not have been any better. If that is typical of the service I can expect in the future I will be one happy customer. The car is fabulous, performance is surprisingly good from such a small engine, although I have been driving an ancient, similar sized Fiesta for the last 4 years the Kappa engine in the Picanto is so much more refined. It is so quiet at tick over that getting used to giving it enough revs to pull away will take a bit of getting used to. The most astonishing thing is the braking power, discs all round means you have to think that you have an egg under the brake pedal and you don't want to break it, the lightest of touches on the middle pedal is so reassuring, very impressive. The stop/start technology on the Ecodynamic is excellent, it fires back up so quickly when active (again takes a little getting used to) you won't be holding people up at the lights. The electric power steering is very light at low speeds but does stiffen up with increased speed and does give enough feedback to the driver. Hill start assist is excellent (takes me back to my time with a Subaru Forester) My wife and I will be taking a tour of Devon in the next couple of weeks and will be able to report more on Motorway performance at a later date but so far we are both very happy with our purchase. I think it looks great in black with the chrome details. Kia are onto a winner with the new Picanto and deservedly so. Well screwed together, great spec in 2 guise and no tax with the Eco version, happy days

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had notification that mine is available to pick up on Monday.

Decided to get the Metallic Blaze Red, black and white not being my thing, and Silver being basically all you see nowadays. Red wouldn't be my first choice off the top of my head, but I really liked the look of it in the showroom.

Very impressed by the test drive, so what was an idle curiosity turned into an immediate order having originally been planning to get something second hand as I do very little mileage.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I too was thinking of spending £8k or so on somethingsecond-hand but the wife mentioned "what about a Picanto" At first I disregarded it, but being the dutiful husband took a look at the website and was impressed. I then read every press report I could find on it and was swayed. I'm so happy I did
and what's more the wife has put 100 miles on it since taking delivery and is also impressed. Her onlycriticism is the power steering is a little light at high speed, something I have yet to encounter but did take on board from test reports. It bats along at 80 with no issues (sorry 70 for the speed police)
and sips fuel in the process. The wife tells me it is very comfortable to drive and loves it. So be the dutiful husband and don't disregard yourwife's thoughts, it will put you in the good books, honestly

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Dilus, when you say "sips fuel" how good is it we take delivery of ours in a month
the main reason was to save money compared to the wife driving a 2l turbo. (Yes the Subaru Impreza was the wifes car)

Having seen the MPG results of C'eed SW resently (45 around town and52 ona m'way cruise) my wife has a vision we will just need to drive past a petrol station to fill up as it just needs the smell of fuel

Edited by: crazynight

·
Registered
911 Posts
Not sure about the mileage yet as I have only driven 10 miles in it the day we took delivery, I have been away for the last 5 days but the wife has put 160 town miles on it and it has used just over a quarter of a tank, she hasn't bothered checking on the trip computer but I will when I'm next in it and report back. My guess is it won't be great as it has all been town driving but we are due to go to Devon in it in a couple of weeks time so it might be best to get a good idea of combined mpg after that trip.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I am now on holiday and have had the chance to drive it a bit more. Very impressed with the driving experience, handling is great although I haven't pushed it to hard into corners yet and come to think about it I have been driving it quite steady everywhere, I think buying an EcoDynamic version has encouraged me to drive smoother and lessaggressive
Build quality is superb and I love the styling, it has turned a few heads as there are not that many about locally. The trip computer is telling me I am getting 45.1 mpg and this is all town work, so it is about 9 mpg less than advertised but I might add that I haven't been using the stop/start as much as I could have. It is still far better than my old similar sized Fiesta
The equipment levels are fabulous for a car in this class, good stereo that I can plug my iPod into and the wife's iPhone, air con is ice cold (another thing that could be bringing the mpg down as it's been in use since we have had it) Power steering I am yet to make my mind up on, it's electric rather than belt driven (again to reduceemissions) really light when parking which is great, stiffens up enough around town but I will reserve my verdict for motorways after our Devon trip next week. My only gripe so far is the fact that I am colour blind and the radio and trip displays are in red and I can hardly see them especially in daylight (colour blind on red/green) but that's my problem but may be worth noting fellas
All in all we are very happy owners

·
Registered
45 Posts
Glad your getting on well with the picanto, all sounds like we made the correct choice. I cant wait for ours (28 days now
)wewill be well pleased with 45.1mpg around town or even on the work run - currently running in high teens/low twenties.

dilus said:
My only gripe so far is the fact that I am colour blind and the radio and trip displays are in red and I can hardly see them especially in daylight (colour blind on red/green) but that's my problem but may be worth noting fellas
All in all we are very happy owners

If I remember right the radio was a square display maybe you could get hold of some coloured film to pur over it changing the colour (cut to the size of the display it should fit in and look ok) Sorry hopeyou dont think I am telling you how to deal with your colour blindness, its just an idea.

·
Registered
911 Posts
[/QUOTE]If I remember right the radio was a square display maybe you could get hold of some coloured film to pur over it changing the colour (cut to the size of the display it should fit in and look ok) Sorry hopeyou dont think I am telling you how to deal with your colour blindness, its just an idea.
[/QUOTE]

Yes might be worth looking into, I can live with it though, haven't driven it at night but imagine it will be better then

·
Registered
5 Posts
Picked up my Picanto 1 yesterday, mines in blue breeze. First impression are very good, a vast improvement on my 59 plate Picanto 1. The car feels more substantial and not built to a price. Jury's out on the electric steering though!!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Done a few miles on major roads now and the steering could stiffen up a little more than it does for my liking but I'm sure I will get used to it being a bit lighter than normal. Enjoy David, it's a cracking little car

1 - 20 of 139 Posts