Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks,i have just had front tyres fitted and the tracking sorted, but the front pads are worn and so are the discs,
as there is no manual available for the carens do i need to know anything before i start work,
as i have asked my local spares shop for prices they say my car may have two different
types of pads fitted but the disc is the same for the year,so i will need to remove the pads
to find out which type i need, the pads are stamped on the back,any advice before i start, that
is next saturday when i have more time.
griff.
kia carens 2.0 crdidiesel auto 2004 if that helps.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Dead easy, no different to any other car. The caliper will need to be unbolted and moved out of the way, but it's only two bolts (tight). I thought there was only one pad type though, I've never been asked which type I want. The caliper slides on pins, so it's worth giving them a clean up and a dab of copper grease.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks mr rusty,i will have all saturday morning to sort the brakes out, so i should be ok, if there is a problem with the discs, i have the following week off, as a holiday so i am only twenty minuets from a parkinsons for spares.
griff.
the last time i changed pads and discs was years ago on a rover 214 £50 total.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the discs are held on by screws, two per disc, does anybody know the torque setting for the wheel boltsthe caliper bolts are 6mm with a fine thread, i know because one just sheared in the caliper pin, although it's out now, and they are the same thread as the caliper bolts on a rover 214si.
griff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts