Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

Just joined the forum with hopes of getting and giving advice. I have recently bought my wife a 2019 1.6 ISG 2. Its a great family and perfect for us all the room is great and for us as were not a small family. Me being 6'6, my wife 6' and my eldest 6'4 (I hope he stops there).

Overall we really like the car. My only issue is the lack of power. I have seen the i can get the car remapped from 130bhp to 160 bhp and a bit more torque. That's an option but i was also talking to the mapper who down carbon cleans. He recommended that before a map. My question is, Has anyone had a carbon clean done on the 1.6 petrol engine and did it make a difference?

I live in the northwest and we are taking the car to Scotland in October for a short break and I don't want it struggling up the hills. Any advice would be great.

Many Thanks

Biggie

Registered
2017 GT Line S 1.6 Petrol AWD
none turbo by looks of the stated power. Mapping will most likely invalidate your warranty.
Never heard of a carbon clean. Had petrols all my 42 years of driving (except 1 diesel) and never had to clean any carbon from the engine. Most have done more than 100,000 miles as well.

Reactions: BigFatPainter

Registered
2017 1.6 GDI ISG Petrol Manual
Hi folks.

Just joined the forum with hopes of getting and giving advice. I have recently bought my wife a 2019 1.6 ISG 2. Its a great family and perfect for us all the room is great and for us as were not a small family. Me being 6'6, my wife 6' and my eldest 6'4 (I hope he stops there).

Overall we really like the car. My only issue is the lack of power. I have seen the i can get the car remapped from 130bhp to 160 bhp and a bit more torque. That's an option but i was also talking to the mapper who down carbon cleans. He recommended that before a map. My question is, Has anyone had a carbon clean done on the 1.6 petrol engine and did it make a difference?

I live in the northwest and we are taking the car to Scotland in October for a short break and I don't want it struggling up the hills. Any advice would be great.

Many Thanks

Biggie
Hi, at 6'7" it is exactly why I bought the same car as you!

I've had a year of comfortable driving and its a game changer; I still enjoy driving today.

However you are correct the 1.6 petrol feels a tad underpowered. I find it adequate at higher speed on the motorway for overtaking however when we went to Cornwall it was pretty poor on hilly bendy country roads.

I'm not going back to Cornwall, problem solved.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Totally agree at the higher speeds. It sits perfect at 65 with cruise control. It really doesn't like hills though. Fuel was better that I thought though. 523 miles roughly to a tank so I'm happy with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts